Rare monster drop questions, disconnect issues

Hi, I've noticed a few issues while playing and was wondering if they were unique to me or not.

The first is that as a Greennill RAcaseal I can't get the rare enemies to drop items on Very Hard Caves. Rare items will drop fine from Al Rappies and Hildeblues, but not from Nar Lillies or Pouilly Slime. I haven't seen if Nar Lillies drop their normal drops in the Temple yet; but I haven't had any issues with drops for my other characters. When a rare enemy is defeated, it seems to drop meseta (Usually around 2000) or a random item (ranging from a monomate to a resist/devil) but never the item it should.

The second is that I sometimes get a disconnection, but can immediately reconnect. The error is something like "Error 100: Lost synchronization with server". I'm just curious if this is common or an issue on my end. If anyone else has had this problem, and has any suggestions, I would like to know. Thank you.

I've also noticed that I get disconnected in the first room of the "Soul of Steel" quest every time I try it. Has anyone else been able to complete it, or am I out of luck?

Edited by Stratavarius
  • 2 weeks later...

try to download the most current patch 2.4 it has some new files wish help with the Sync with the server and the DC's.

Edited by Larva

Patching does not solve the issue regarding "Soul of Steel", and the quest still disconnects in the first combat room.

And checking again, I went through about 8 Nar Lillies on very hard caves and the only worthwhile non meseta drop was a power mat. Though the boss still dropped a rare item, and I was able to find a DB saber from a box in Caves 3 and a Photon Drop in Caves 1.

Edited by Stratavarius

Just so you're aware.. Some rare monsters have over 1/200 rates (as in the denominator [the bottom number] is higher than 200).

Yes, and I'm aware that the drop charts may be different on Ultima. But as far as I can tell, the listed drop rates for Nar Lillies and Pouilly Slimes on V. Hard Caves should have a 7/8 drop rate.