help?

so ive been playing on schthack server and i recently like 10 minuites ago downloaded the patch for ultima. i changed all the exe's took out the folders all that good stuff loaded the online.exe and it crashed with the message PsoBB.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. how do i fix this?

took out the folders all that good stuff

Pretty sure that's the problem. You need the data folder for the psobb.exe to read from. Either restore those folders or, preferably, install the full client from ultima.

The patch came with a few files in the data folder, yes.. but not the whole thing. (It came with the map files)

Have the original data folder from scht, add the new data folder and agree to merge it. If it asks to overwrite something, put yes to all.

You're missing all the skins, the textures, the ogg files, the unitext and a bunch of other things. ;P

If you don't have a copy of a scht folder anymore, I recommend you just get the full client from here.

Or if you really want to: http://69.169.168.9/data.rar (Warning: it may contain some skins -- I made this so long ago for a friend, I can't remember which pso folder I made it from [was from a tethealla server though, so it's safe])

Edited by Choko