Section ID Help?

Nathan Poiry

When you create a new character, (btw im new here, hello!) and when u choose ur name, does the Section ID matter? I mean, like, Bluefull, Redria, Greenill..etc, how do you get the section ID you want? Is there some sort of Section ID calculator i can use to figure out which one im getting, or is it just a hit and miss type of thing? For Example, i heard Bluefulls find Partisan weapons better, Grenills find rifles better, Oran for daggers..and so fourth. (i'm looking at: http://www.ign.com/faqs/2003/phantasy-star-online-episode-i-ii-section-id-faq-391966 , btw).

Is there a way to get the exact name i want, or should i just put any name i want?

Thanks

Section ID determines which Drop Table your enemies have for their rare drops. It does also influence the non-rare drops, as you said blueful finds more partisans, oran more daggers, etc., but that is far less important than the rare drops. If you have trouble getting the exact name and id you want with the section id calculator, the final 10th character does not show up in game, so you can add spaces and then use different letters in that 10th spot to influence your id without it showing up in game (though it will show up on character select screen).

Whitill and Oran are excellent ids. Redria and Skyly are very good ids. Purple, Yellow, and Greenil are ok ids. Blueful and Virida are not all that good, but get a few specific drops. Pinkal is a horrible id that gets very very very few drops.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I think I get it now, lol, i just was looking for that calculator that Armando put up. And idk why, but i like partisans, so i got a Bluefull ID for my HuCast. And the guy above, Fyrewolf5, what makes you say some IDs are the best and some are the worst? Don't they all have the same chance of getting their specific ID rares? Might make a ranger next (either RaCast or RaCaseal, but probably RaCast, cuz I love the raw and pure damage, also I dont like magic and getting poisoned that much, GO ROBOTS! ^_^), so my next id's are gonna be either Greenill, Purplenum, or Viridia.

No, id's do not have the same chance, location, or availability of their rare drops. The drop charts http://www.phantasystaronline.net/test/newsite/droptable.php are divided up by section ID because every ID drops different rares from each enemy. The non-rare drops are not really what you make an id for, you will find enough non-rare partisans on any id. Blueful has a select few drops it is used for, but then finds very little outside of those few drops. That gamefaqs guide from ign you posted is very outdated. The best resources for pso info are http://www.pso-world.com , which is also somewhat outdated for ep 4 info but is still a great resource, and the http://pso.wikkii.net/wiki/ which specifically pertains to schthack server but is also a great resource regardless, and of course the ultima forums. Zynetic put up a section ID guide once upon a time here http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/3879-section-ids/ . I'll also list most of the things blue gets below:

EP 1:

Notable :

Holy Ray: Sil Dragon 1/37 : This is a very accurate Arrest Laser for human/newman characters. 3 other IDs drop it from Dal Ral Lie, but Dragon is faster/easier to farm.

Demolition Comet : Mil Lily 1/2 : This can also be found from mil on Redria, as well as on Sklyly pouilly slime, both ids have a wider range of good drops.

Heaven Punisher: Hildetorr 1/205 : This is the only good way to hunt hp, which combines into a basic high atp mechgun mille marteux. I personally don't think those weapons are all that great. Special is Divine Punishment on even 100 beats and Autotarget on odd 100 beats. DP isn't very good, autotarget can be but is only usable half of the time. Has a banner.

Meh:

Smoking Plate : Dark Bringer 1/1173 : Best id for this pretty decent fonewm only armor with a unique animation, but can also be obtained much easier in Black Paper Deal.

Book of Hitogata : Indi Belra 1/22003 : One of the rarer items in the game, but only makes an ok weapon into an utterly useless weapon. On here only because of the rarity.

Morning Glory : Delsaber 1/706 : A powerful claw with atp based on beat time and no special. Specials can be added through events. Arguably easier on other IDs.

EP 2:

Notable:

Kroe's Sweater : Olga Flow 1/515 : The worst id for this amazing female only armor with +10 ata over max. Yellow Dorphon Eclair 1/116 is far better.

Meh:

Soul Banish : Deldepth 1/792 : Much easier on other IDs.

Maser Beam : Gol Dragon 1/37 : Not very useful, but cool looking lightning gun. Shoots gizonde. Also from gol dragon on Greenil Skyly Purplenum and Redria.

Demonic Fork : ill Gill 1/792 : Makes megid pierce for forces, however blue is not a good overall tower ID, the other IDs that obtain this are much better for tower.

EP 4:

Notable:

Limiter : Astark 1/396 : Arguably the best way to hunt limiters, also on redria kondrieu 1/2. If only hunting limiters with no rare monsters, on blueful arguably better, but with redria you can hunt wedding dress/limiter from shambertin/kondrieu, so redria is better if hunting multiple ep 4 drops.

Mercurious Rod : Shambertin 1/104 : Can also get in claire's deal by trading glide divine, brave hammer, cadeceus, and king's striker. Very niche use.

meh:

Siren Glass Hammer : Kondrieu 1/2 : A rod that casts low level Grants as it's special. Boosts gibarta 50%. Only on blueful and only for the lulz.

Ophelie Seize : Pazuzu 1/4 : Combines with Heaven Punisher to make Mille Marteux. On several IDs

A few things every id finds, but missing a lot of drops like v502, slicer of fanatic, heaven striker, has v101 from goran detonator instead of Zu.

Very Hard EP 1, 2, 4:

literally none

Overall the notable drops are few and far between. It really just comes down to an easier Holy Ray and arguably easier Limiter-only hunt.

Currently Blueful is dropping Psycho Black Crystal for Summer Event from ep2 Morfos, which combines with Master Raven, a high atp combo-locked mechgun with handgun animations, to make Psycho Ravens, the best high atp combo-unlocked mechguns on this server.

In anniversary event it dropped Ultima's Engine from Shambertin (ultima mag cell), and D-Photon Core Olga Flow (gael gil mag cell), several ids got these.

In Triforce Event it gets Master Sword from Dark Falz (a powerful sword with pb wave special for forces and human hu/ra), only id from dark falz, a few other ids from olga flow/shambertin.

Christmas Event it got Girasole Kondrieu and DF Shield Falz (part of shield From the Depths), a few other ids got these too.

In Easter Event it got Kroes Sweater Olga Flow (much easier than normally is) and Godric's Cloak Vhard Migium (fomar armor +30 atp ata over max +30 mst lck, only on blue+purple).

I think that's most of the things it gets.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2