Ever Thought About Having A Server Without Mods?

I'm sure a lot of people don't care but I prefer to play psobb without final fantasy, zelda, pokemon, nerd items (godrick), modded items etc in the game. Just putting that out there. Ultima is clearly better than schthack now but its riddled with filth. PSOBB pure please.

• Like 1

Hey sorry for the down vote, but I must say using a word like "pure" for a game is completely inappropriate. Creativity and therfore video games come from open mindedness, acceptance and diversity.

• Like 4

While phantasy star online is a great mmorpg, I'm not sure pso is a good enough game to stand on its own for a whole 13 years without becoming stale for most people, very very few games have ever achieved that level of perfection. And specifically pertaining to pso, "pure" is a very odd way to describe the game; pso has been constantly evolving massively since its release. If you want to talk about pure pso, where is it even possible to draw the line? Ep 4 was only for blue burst and is where are lot of the really good items in the game come from, but wasn't part of most releases of the game. One could argue that ep 4 gear broke the game and shouldn't be there, and push for an xbox/gamecube purist view. Or you could go farther back and be a dreamcast purist and say ep 2 was completely unnecessary and introduced dumb concepts like mixing enemy types in the areas and practically no quest contributions to the game and was completely unnecessary. Hell, why not just say v2 was unnecessary and go for purist v1 gameplay with no ultimate difficulty, level cap of 100, and only 9 classes instead of 12 which barely resemble their posbb counterparts?

The constant evolution of pso through its many releases is the most essential reason why it has had such a long lifespan and attracted such a wide following. This game would have been dead a decade ago if not for these evolutions. I for one am extremely grateful and happy that a server such as this one continues to breathe life into the game in the same tradition as sega and sonicteam did for many years, and give its users not just the ability to play pso, but also a reason to keep playing.

• Like 5

I play PSOBB offline. Pure. What is pure? PSOBB released by Sega. Why not go back to pso original on dreamcast or pc? well because PSOBB is a upgraded psodc/pc with episode 1 enhanced. try psopc today its riddled with graphics problems. as someone who played since the launch on the dreamcast i have no idea why anyone would say psobb does not stay true to psodc original. these third party servers as far as im concerned are dick around servers. you can play psobb offline with the same software they use to host their servers.

in fact even if they did make a pure psobb server id still choose to play offline rather than waste my time leveling a character up and hoping to god i dont piss off a mod and get banned fro "their" server so i must be a good little boy at all times... we all know that the ban rate is about 50000% higher than playing on a official server.

theres nothing wrong with adding events from time to time. but to throw in final fantasy music, zelda shields, "bacon", etc. thats just...

Edited by MilleMarteaux
  • Like 1

I play PSOBB offline. Pure. What is pure? PSOBB released by Sega. Why not go back to pso original on dreamcast or pc? well because PSOBB is a upgraded psodc/pc with episode 1 enhanced. try psopc today its riddled with graphics problems. as someone who played since the launch on the dreamcast i have no idea why anyone would say psobb does not stay true to psodc original. these third party servers as far as im concerned are dick around servers. you can play psobb offline with the same software they use to host their servers.

in fact even if they did make a pure psobb server id still choose to play offline rather than waste my time leveling a character up and hoping to god i dont piss off a mod and get banned fro "their" server so i must be a good little boy at all times... we all know that the ban rate is about 50000% higher than playing on a official server.

theres nothing wrong with adding events from time to time. but to throw in final fantasy music, zelda shields, "bacon", etc. thats just...

I really don't see the point of playing pso offline, I used to do that and it sucks. I really don't see any reason to play an rpg game designed to be mmo, offline. The multiplayer aspect is intrinsically important to the gameplay. It seems pretty paranoid to be so afraid about getting banned as to not play online at all, and it's not like an mmorpg server is unique in this regard, don't piss off authority is rule #1 in any community, be it online or offline. It's like saying "I'm not going to work at the office, only from home, because I'm afraid of the boss 'banning' me from my job" aka firing me.

As for adding stuff, by saying "throw in final fantasy music" I can only assume you mean the lobby music changes which don't affect anything (people personally making music swap mods is no different from them muting sound to play their own music collection), the Bacon Swords are just a joke weapon that is so weak it couldn't possibly affect the gameplay (even weaker than the sega official joke weapons), with hylian shield you may have some ground to stand on because of how significantly it does affect the gameplay in regard to techs, which were already screwed by the high resists on this server, but I have to ask; what actually is your idea of "events from time to time" then?

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 3

im on your side kajex..gotta love bacon :onion97:

Haha. I must say to anyone who questions the bacon, if goofy weapons are not in the original spirit of PSO then why did sega make:

• Maguwa
  • Chu Chu Fever
  • Samba's Maracas
  • Akiko's Wok
  • Akiko's Cleaver
  • Broom
  • Syringe
  • Cat Ears
  • Butterfly Net
  • Tension Blaster
  • Flower Bouquet/Great Bouquet
  • Hammer
  • Lollipop
  • Plantain Leaf
  • Toy Hammer
  • Synthesizer
  • Crazy Tune

There are soooooo many ridiculous items in PSO. If sega were still adding items to the original game, I'd like to think they'd put bacon in there. It's no more ridiculous than a lollipop sword or maracas that shoot bullets or a toy hammer that squeaks. The only ridiculous thing about it is the drop rate, and I love larva for having a sense of humor with the drop. Mothmants that drop bacon at a 1:1 rate are the best goofy thing ever on the server.

:onion107:

• Like 1

Haha. I must say to anyone who questions the bacon, if goofy weapons are not in the original spirit of PSO then why did sega make:

• Maguwa
  • Chu Chu Fever
  • Samba's Maracas
  • Akiko's Wok
  • Akiko's Cleaver
  • Broom
  • Syringe
  • Cat Ears
  • Butterfly Net
  • Tension Blaster
  • Flower Bouquet/Great Bouquet
  • Hammer
  • Lollipop
  • Plantain Leaf
  • Toy Hammer
  • Synthesizer
  • Crazy Tune

There are soooooo many ridiculous items in PSO. If sega were still adding items to the original game, I'd like to think they'd put bacon in there. It's no more ridiculous than a lollipop sword or maracas that shoot bullets or a toy hammer that squeaks. The only ridiculous thing about it is the drop rate, and I love larva for having a sense of humor with the drop. Mothmants that drop bacon at a 1:1 rate are the best goofy thing ever on the server.

:onion107:

You forgot the most important one... Amore Rose

And no fucks were given at the content of the first post. lololololololol

Edited by foiexx
  • Like 1

I'mma gonna address the first posters comments to this:

My friend, there is lots of different brands of coffee out on the market that are just as tasty and just as good. Nobody is forcing you to buy any of them.

With that said, have fun playing vanilla PSOBB solo & offline. :onion108:

• Like 2

No one is telling you for play here, if it's so bad... Go back to the Dreamcast, simple. Mines collecting dust and I have a copy of Pso v2 if you wanna work out a price xD