What should I know about events?

xpuckkx

Hello everyone ^^

So I am about a week old in Ultima server years, and am having tons of fun so far. But I would really like to participate with the community more since this is an online game after all. When I first joined the server I hit up the "Hellos & Goodbyes" section. Someone (sorry I can't remember who) said I joined at a great time because there was an event coming up. Well that sounds just what I'm looking for :D

So I hit up the events section here on the forums, and instantly felt lost. It's entirely possible that I'm just being stupid, but I'm still unclear on how these events works, how to participate in some, when they are being held, and what the restrictions on the events are (i.e level/item requirements?)

So what are some of the bare basic things I should know about events, and would anyone be willing to dumb it down for a noobie like me? I'm sure it might seem like common sense to a lot of people, but I'm just not sure where to even begin.

• Like 2

Limited time drops from enemies. You can find most of the items in this page under "Exclusive Server Items." Most of the best items on the server can only be found once per year. Our main events are:

• Easter (April) - Exclusive items include Virus Shield, Soul Booster (100 Souls), Godric's Cloak, Proof of Sonic Team (makes Arrest Needle and Psycho Bridge), and , Centurion Mind, and Sue's Coat
  • Summer (June/July) - Exclusive items include Centurion Battle (Speed boost is 110% on Ultima, 50% on Schthack), Black Psycho Crystal (Psycho Ravens), Blood Sword, and Trap Search
  • Triforce (September) - Exclusive items include Master Sword, Hylian Shield, Wizard Resist, Centurion Arms, Centurion Power, and Stealth Sword.
  • Halloween (October) - Exclusive items include Ultima Reaper
  • Anniversary (November) - Exclusive items include Sonic Team Armor, S-Rank Weapons (by earning Naka's Cards), Photon D-Core, Ultima Mag, Sword of Ultima, and Asteron Striker
  • PGF/December/Christmas (December) - Exclusive items include Heart of Morolian, L&K38 combat, Crazy Tune, Phonon Maser, Earth Wand Brownie, Galatine, Valkyrie, Girasole, Sonic Knuckle, Soul Eater, Honeycomb Reflector, Asteron Belt, Kroe's Sweater (item exists on other servers, but is boosted on Ultima), DF Shield, Harisen Battle Fan, Game Magazine, Amtie Memo's Mag Cell, Murasame, Rambling May, Tension Blaster, Toy Hammer, Kunai, Green Ring, Syringe, Broom, Chameleon Scythe, Red Merge, Blue Merge, Yellow Merge, Daisy Chain, No0b HP, and Parasitic Gene Flow.

Exclusive items to the Ultima server are in green.

You can read about any of those events under the "Events" section of the forums or by clicking the hyperlinks in the titles of the events above. The details of all the server-exclusive items are on this page. The main events are held at the same time every year. We also have mini events hosted by GMs. These are not set, but can include:

• Adding specials to items that have no specials
  • Adding hit to all items or certain items
  • Competing through trivia, word searches, battles or other games to win prizes

Typically mini events happen when there is down time between the main events. We just finished a mini event to add hit to Baranz Launcher (up to 75 hit).

All the items listed above are only obtainable during mini events. 99% of event items cannot be donated for and may only be hunted during the designated events.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 7

Well the event that will be starting soon is the Summer Event, one of the major events. Exactly when it will start nobody really knows, but Larva says it will be soon. During major events, several special drops will be put in place on certain monsters. Which monsters and ids generally is not revealed at the start of the event, but is eventually revealed. If you are on late at night then sometimes a few hints may float around. For the last few days of the event the drops are usually lowered to be a bit easier. There's not much you can do about it at the moment other than get your levels up to be ready to farm for the event. At the start of the event you basically just have to farm quests with lots of different monsters/try last years monsters, or take advantage of x5 and rares (see last paragraph).

There are also the mini events. These are often spur of the moment, and come in various forms, trivia, word searches, bring some amount of specific items for a reward, etc. These you'll just have to keep an eye out for in game and forums. Some last for a few days (item collection/special adding), some a few hours, some only a few minutes (trivia). The special adding events can be very good events to be prepared for, such as Kajex's Claw & Fake Flowen's event, and Serverus' Yasminkov event (Yasminkov 9000s with specials are some of the best weapons in the game).

There are also many other smaller things that happen. First off there is x5 exp events. It will likely be on for some part of the summer event, but can happen without major events. Also there is Rare Monster events (x5 rare monster appearence). Rare monsters is signified by everyone having a colored name in the lobby, usually green, and can also occur without major events. Happy Hour is x3 drops for 3 hours, signified by pink trees and red&white flag in lobby, along with a banner every 30 minutes stating time remaining. There is no schedule for this, it's just whenever they feel like it.

Ah I see. So there is no particular game you have to join. Just pop on and do your best. Guess I'll really have to start focusing on leveling. Thanks a bunch guys ^^

If you reference the event from last year, you should have an idea of which enemies drop which items. Just plan ahead to make sure you have the right gear for the item(s) you want to hunt, or start working with a team or friends to decide your game plan to hunt your items.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Limited time drops from enemies. You can find most of the items in this page under "Exclusive Server Items." Most of the best items on the server can only be found once per year. Our main events are:

• Easter (April) - Exclusive items include Virus Shield, Soul Booster (100 Souls), Godric's Cloak, Proof of Sonic Team (makes Arrest Needle and Psycho Bridge), and , Centurion Mind, and Sue's Coat
  • Summer (June/July) - Exclusive items include Centurion Battle (Speed boost is 110% on Ultima, 50% on Schthack), Black Psycho Crystal (Psycho Ravens), Blood Sword, and Trap Search
  • Triforce (September) - Exclusive items include Master Sword, Hylian Shield, Wizard Resist, Centurion Arms, Centurion Power, and Stealth Sword.
  • Halloween (October) - Exclusive items include Ultima Reaper
  • Anniversary (November) - Exclusive items include Sonic Team Armor, S-Rank Weapons (by earning Naka's Cards), Photon D-Core, Ultima Mag, Sword of Ultima, and Asteron Striker
  • PGF/December/Christmas (December) - Exclusive items include Heart of Morolian, L&K38 combat, Crazy Tune, Phonon Maser, Earth Wand Brownie, Galatine, Valkyrie, Girasole, Sonic Knuckle, Soul Eater, Honeycomb Reflector, Asteron Belt, Kroe's Sweater (item exists on other servers, but is boosted on Ultima), DF Shield, Harisen Battle Fan, Game Magazine, Amtie Memo's Mag Cell, Murasame, Rambling May, Tension Blaster, Toy Hammer, Kunai, Green Ring, Syringe, Broom, Chameleon Scythe, Red Merge, Blue Merge, Yellow Merge, Daisy Chain, No0b HP, and Parasitic Gene Flow.

Exclusive items to the Ultima server are in green.

You can read about any of those events under the "Events" section of the forums or by clicking the hyperlinks in the titles of the events above. The details of all the server-exclusive items are on this page. The main events are held at the same time every year. We also have mini events hosted by GMs. These are not set, but can include:

• Adding specials to items that have no specials
  • Adding hit to all items or certain items
  • Competing through trivia, word searches, battles or other games to win prizes

Typically mini events happen when there is down time between the main events. We just finished a mini event to add hit to Baranz Launcher (up to 75 hit).

All the items listed above are only obtainable during mini events. 99% of event items cannot be donated for and may only be hunted during the designated events.

Love it, gonna add it YOUR signature XD LOL