Best FOmar Gear?

So I know the general way to go for FO gear, but this server has different limitations, so I wanted to double check a few things:

~Mother Garb+....Fomar too, or still just FOnewm? And what exactly is its bonus? Half TP consumption and Grants boost, right?

~What's the best Tech bonus shield? I own a Vol Opt Shield, which gives Gi boost, right? FOmar naturally gives Gi boost, so it's at least a decent choice I believe. I would like other options just to know, though.

~I'm too poor and unlucky to find a Psycho Wand, PoM, Magical Piece(In b4 "You can't 'Find' Magical Piece, hur dur). What can a FO do to get decent damage without having to trade everything he owns?

~Is Girasole equippable by FOmar? Is there a better close-range melee weapon for me? Note: Too poor for Excal with hit.

~Please God tell me I can use Psycho Raven were I to ever get one.

~I'm friendly and easy to get along with. I will buff you and keep you alive (mostly). If you want to play, I'd love to get some levels in and make some actual friends here! It's lonely soloing all the time. I'll even help you farm for gear without diving for drops! I know, right?! Anywho, thanks in advance for all the advice!

• Like 1

it depends if you want to be a tech or a melee guy. Best tech shield is hylian right now, mother garb is only good if your going tech, if your doing melee you could probably get a better one like sues coat or something. im not sure about the psycho raven use though...not sure if they have 200ata and you dont need a excal with hit getting a decent one with stats should do

I dont play fomar at all but at least this can get you started :o

Edited by King Ra

To answer your question in order.

- MG+ is usable by all FO's , Cuts tp usage by 50%. Sometimes grants a grants (lol) boost of 15-20% iirc at times when casted.

- Best tech boost shield is Hylian Shield. 100% grants 85% rafoie and 75% razonde , once again off the top of my head but indoubtedly the best tech shield. it also has a built in wizard/technique so +1 to all of your techs.

- Max MST , Hunt an Three Seals which is an fairly easy drop from Delbiters in Vhard Redria and Skyly. Use Virus Shield Vol Opt for Gi tech boosting and hunt the three magic wands , Indra/Agni and Dagon , don't quite remember the name for increased tech damage. Summit Moon is also good for Si techs.

- Girasole is also usable by FOmar. Only other close range weapon I could mention is Slicer of Fanatic. Unreduced demons stacked with SNS glitch is deadly.

- Psycho Ravens are only usable by Male Hunters and Rangers. Sorry.

- Lastly , should you find me in game (My in-game names are in my signatures) we could go for a game or two :)

i had to change what i wrote because my first reply didn't answer your questions

if your going battle fo i recommend fomal first and foremost i always shoot for max ata atp mst and luck and go for defense after i max out those

things that are a must

mg+/kroes sweater

hylian/rr

get a good bringer rifle or hi hit slicer of fanatic like 50 + even my 50 hit sof is not enough for me

glide is good for supporting

summit moon and twinkle star for good bonuses magic bonuses and there inexpensive

if you can i recommend getting a excalibur tellsis combo for your force that way you have

v101 equivalent speed boost and i think increased light and dark resistance or light and fire idk

its a hard hunt but 45+ hit is a good payoff #trust <------all that and still 4 unit slots free must have!!!

viviene<excalibur

bringer rifle<slicer of fanatic

vol opt<3seals<hylian imo then a rr on the side

glide

summit moon is a must

girasol is nice but i think a vivi will do you more justice and hit dam near all the time

Edited by Khireborn
  • Like 1

Hmm, lots of people have said good gear already. Hylian shield boosts are 100% grants, 75% rafoie, 60% razonde +1 to tech levels and 20 mst (triforce event), and 3 seals is 25% to all ra techs (redria / skyly very hard delbiter). The Vol Opt shield in addition to 20% gi techs is +10 ata over max, a mini red ring.

Solferino (forest offensive simulator prize) boosts resta range, and Striker of Chao boosts shifta/deband range. Glide Divine (sand rappy very hard all id) has double jellen/zalure range, +15 all resists and if held onto for 10 minutes restores all tp and hurts you down to 1 hp with a use option. Psycho wand is something that can be hunted, especially when they turn rare monsters on, when I hunted my first on my purple racast wasn't too high level yet and i just equipped shield of delsaber, 4 resist/devils, a general armor (nonrare armor with 20 edk) and a demon laser and demonsed mil lilies for 7 hours. It was annoying for sure, but certainly doable (none of that gear i used was really anything special).

Mother Garb+ (pinkal ultimate dorphon) is usable by all forces, its grants boost is 30% but rather random as to when it works. There is also the new Godric Cloak, which when fixed will boost ata significantly for fomar, rumored to be 30 ata. The ata is a bit of an issue for fomar because monsters in ultimate are buffed on this server. However you still don't need too much hit on excalibur probably, especially if you can get your hands on a proof of sword saint.

Asteron Belt is a strong partisan weapon that a fomar can use, along with a good Diska of Braveman (especially with Thirteen armor), Master Sword is very strong aoe weapon in the triforce event also but is hard to obtain. Fomar cannot use psycho ravens, those are male hu and ra only, but fomar can use Master Raven, which despite being combo locked might still be useful provided you can get a Godric's cloak. Girasole is already mentioned, it is quite good but is christmas event drop.

Slicer of Fanatic (doesn't really need hit with Special>Normal>Special glitch, maybe just a little for fomar) and Bringers Rifle are great demon's options that every force should have. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the awesome and valid input. I will take all of it into consideration!

Now, it seems my main goal is to figure out what I can give for a Hylian Shield. I imagine they are rather costly.

Can anyone think of some good trade items that aren't the obvious:
RR
DF
DM
GM
MM
Master Sword

PW
Psycho Crystal

Etc etc

Things I have that I think could potentially be of value:

Iron Faust 75/0/0/0|20

Agito 1975 0/30/0/0|30

Double Cannon 0/0/0/35|20

Red Partisan 30/0/0/0|35

White Sato 5/150/45/0 T/E/P

And other such things.

Anything there that could find me a Hylian Shield?

I know a good excal seems like it would cost you an arm and a leg but there are certainly alot of them floating around... It's by far the best fomar weapon the only other ones I use are range (charge vulcan, bringers rifle, arrest raygun). The only wand type i use is glide divine but fomar's natural JZ range is pretty impressive. Godrics cloak is better than mother garb but it was a drop during the easter event and will now be expensive. For a cleave weapon Ultima Reaper is the obvious choice though I don't own one anymore T.T might be hard to find. Fomar is a fantastic character, good luck!

Edited by Aiden Payne

Aura Field, despite it's TP sapping drawbacks, can be strong armor for a FOmar as well, beyond level 152 of course... Particularly if you can farm them for high stats with an Oran.(like me XD)

Lot of great suggestions here, I'll second the Hylian shield, Excal, Master Raven, Bringer's rifle and Glide Divine. All great options for a battle FOmar and what I personally use. I like using my L&K 38 Combat as well, but ATA is a big concern with it.. Hopefully I can acquire one with hit soon. ^_^