Your Story

Cal_Unbreakable

Way to soldier on, Spectral, you got mad respect from the fine folks here as well as myself. Keep on keepin' on! As for myself, nothing as potent as the above, or probably not important at all. *shrugs* My hands hurt a bit, so I'll give you the abridged version:

I'm 31, Gemini, been playing games since I was 3 with the ol' Atari.

Straight, Cis, white, etc. etc. (Sorry, habit. Tumblr is a toxic world, tread with care)

I have a dry, sarcastic, almost British sense of humor.

I finished high school.

Hey...

Why am I listing crap? Because, until recently, I was a very sheltered boy, and didn't know a lot of anything. Back in '96, my mother was diagnosed with MS(Multiple Sclerosis), likely triggered from the stress brought on from the abusive relationship she was in at the time. I took it upon myself to take care of her, and for a time, all was well. But long story short, she slowly got worse, to the point that I had to have her put into a nursing home to heal and mend. Turns out there was a lot more wrong with her than we knew, because she never went to a doctor(combination of lack of knowledge of insurance coverage and her own fear of hospitals). Things quickly slid down from there.

I'm trying not to come off as a sob story, so I'll wrap things up here. Basically, the house got foreclosed, because her SSI money all went to her care, the State literally told me not to care for her after this(now she's been in and out of the home twice, and Michigan is REAL strict when it comes to anything that could be seen as elder abuse, even if it's not), and if not for a VERY good friend/ex, I would be homeless right now. I've had to learn to deal with depression without meds, because they have a history of jacking me up, so things like this are an outlet to keep me sane. Ok, I'm done wasting your time with meaningless banter. Back to the killin'!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Feeding cattle

This is the story of the first time that i can remember feeding cattle on my dads farm.

My I have lived on 2 farms in my life. My grandpas and now my dads. He has 300+ acres and like 100 heads of cattle. Black Angus to, the good stuff.

So the farm truck is a full size Chevy silverado from 1994. Dad has me load the feed bags in the back of it. We drive to the part of the field that we feed the cattle in. I get out and days cows are huge.

There was to bulls going at each other. Butting heads wanting to show the other they was badder. Dad said those are the baby bulls. I didn't believe him cause it looked like King Kong was fighting Godzilla right there in the middle of the pasture.

Dad opens up the feed bag I am holding. He says I need to go cause papa bull was getting hungry.

I feel a tug on the bag I was hold and I turned around and looked. IT WAS PAPA BULL. He was hungry and decided to just eat right out of the bag. Apon seeing papa bull, I notice that HE IS BIGGER THE FARM TRUCK.

Dad says I needed to go and feed the cows on the left. I told him sorry but I was going right as far away from papa bull as I could as fast as I could.

I might be 300 pounds but when there bull bigger then the truck after the feed bag I was holding, I became the Flash.

• Like 4

when one of my best friend got shot and kill

after that day,,,i promise that everyday im live it like its was my last

then my son born(a gift from my best friend) i change my way

he put me on the right track,,got a job(still sale drug) work hard..

this lil man really bring a smile to me every morning

• Like 2

It's a little hard for me to find things that have impacted my life so much considering I'm such a loner all the time. I suppose one of the things I always found to be impact full on me was when my cousin that I always hung out with as a child just stopped talking to me... just stopped hanging out, stopped caring and stopped being my friend. At the time, it was incredibly hard for me to pinpoint why exactly this was happening; although my parents didn't. They claimed it was because when kids go to high school, there's suddenly this barrier that appears when you're younger than some one that they just don't cross until you're in the same boat as them. I wasn't old enough to understand back then, but now I do. After a while it became clear that what they were saying had some truth to it. In the end, the day that I realized that he wasn't my friend anymore, that he decided that he was done being my friend and hanging out with me and helping me through things, was the day that I realized that people can change so damn quickly. It didn't get much better for me after that.

I have a hard time adapting to the things around me, and the way things in the world are. I'm not particularly good at anything.. which makes it harder for me to find common interests in people. Ultimately, the flaw of being an open minded person in a high school of scrawny rich kids and rich teachers was that I open my mouth against their schooling corruption and I get punished for it. My senior year of high school ended so poorly that I wished I never did what I did... but if I didn't, then I wouldn't be here. Basically, the jist of it is that I was supposed to explain how amazing my creative writing teacher was as an essay for my exam, which was 15% of my grade.. This teacher was not a great teacher, and I hated her teaching and what she didn't teach me. I started that class to learn how to write better because I was legitimately interested in learning how to write better. But the class, from the get-go, was a huge waste of time every day. An hour a day every single day until mid January was a complete waste of time and a complete social event. Sure I got to hang out with my friend Alistair, who was an awesome person, but it wasn't a good time because I didn't learn anything new. So the idea of writing an essay on how awesome the teacher was didn't entice me very well. Of course, being as angry and stupid as I was at that time, I wrote a long essay about how horrible the teacher was and at the end, legitimately wrote "Go fuck yourself" to her. Of course, she took extreme exception to that. But it wasn't until after I aced my Drama class exam did I get the brunt of the news of my recent suspension until "further notice" that I realized she got so upset at me for writing what I did that she took it to the principals office and insisted I was to be arrested and expelled for threatening to hurt her.... Yes. Arrested and expelled for telling her to go "fuck herself", but that means I'm threatening her... Well the fun didn't end there. According to my Drama teacher, I got a 100% on my exam, because my performance was phenomenal, but all I had to do was attend the class the last 3 exam days so I can grade other student's performances as part of the grade. Unfortunately as part of the suspension I wasn't able to attend said class to grade the other kid's work and, of course, the vice principal decided it wasn't important enough to tell the teacher that I was suspended so it was impossible to show up, he didn't tell him that. So not only did I end up getting an E on my exam because of it, Im also suspended.

In the end, after a long time of debating over whether I was actually dangerous or not, they gave me the option to go to the alternative school under the guidelines that I finish up the classes I failed and I'd graduate on time and with my diploma. While I did graduate it was a hell the entire time. Nonstop bad thing happening after the other, accused of sending sexual mails to teachers, all of which were dis-proven, mailing other kids racial slurred emails, also dis-proven, I had just about enough of these people. Of course, what really got me, was that they put me there under the idea that I was one of the school one of their own, and they'd do anything to help me and make me feel at home, which was a lie. I asked the vice principal to let me there to sign my yearbook, all of my calls were ignored of course and he outright told me to my face that I was a danger to society and my self and my family. The entire time I was there I was treated like a dog, less than a dog, actually.. It was horrible. And it really made me think about how bad society can be towards people... it really made me wake up to see what's through the looking glass when it came to people and how hurtful they can really be. One of my best friends before all this happened made me promise her I was going to have lunch with her every day, and I wasn't able to do that because of them... in the end she ended up moving to Texas without me knowing about it and she doesn't speak to me anymore... and I couldn't face her.. I'm too ashamed.

Honestly I'm extremely happy though, I'm with my wonderful girl friend and we're very happy together. it's been a long distance relationship the entire time but we're getting through it. I'm hoping by the end of the summer I'll be able to be in her arms and happy with her, because that's all I ever wanted in life. Was someone to hold me and love me, some one to understand how I feel and understand how I love. She does that, and I'm so happy to be with her. Life goes on as always, I'm playing Destiny right now, met some awesome people on there, getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter in some PVP games, but I'm working on that! I stopped being in contact with a lot of my high school friends after I graduated. Partially because a lot of them were dating girls that I hated and we didn't get along, so that kind of sucks, but they were a dime a dozen, and a lot of them, thinking back, didn't actually treat me like a true friend. I'm happy to be here, this game is part of my life. And you people, regardless of whether or not you like me, are another one of my family's.. I love all of you guys, you've shown me a lot of things to consider and grow on over the many months I've been here. Time flies by when you're having fun. And I hope I can continue with having fun with all of you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I may have had a good home life, but it doesn't mean anything bad never happened to me. I have even done terrible things by accident as a child and I don't really want to talk about those things, and almost cutting off my thumb, and other things I don't want to talk about. Even though these terrible things happened I feel like it was for the best. Don't get me wrong I still made bad choices throughout my life or even had more bad things happen to me, but those events prepared me for my future. I grew up kind of depressed when I was young because of these things but It made me mature really fast, I was ready for the worst. Though I remember growing up around everyone who always acted really immature when we weren't so little I felt like I was always watching after my own friends. It's funny how that works because now I'm still doing the same things when all of my friends are out drinking lol. Well here I am today I may be mature for the most but I still like to have fun and act silly! I feel like the best thing to do is to keep on moving forward no matter what happens to you. Also I am thankful for my dog, he's been there for me throughout the 13-14 years of his and the past 13-14 of my life.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was a child I had some pretty awful parents. an alcoholic druggie father and a mother who took all the rage out on me. thoughout the years I could never make any friends as I was the "new kid" everywhere I went. we moved quite a lot for work. sometimes just after a month. so being poor, skinny, red hair and glasses, and constantly the new kid... well things weren't very fun.
but I am grateful for this.
this had made me powerful. I know I can over come any adversary that I come across. I now have the friends that ive always wanted to hold them close to me.
instead of just worrying about myself, I care for others. I feel as though I REALLY make an impact on others lives, as its kinda what I live for.
in short. an awful childhood turned me into a caring man.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 years later...

Mine is a long one. My parent were drug addicts. My dad chose to be an addict rather than be a parent(he passed away)Ā and my mom didnt even care about me and my brother. I was sent to live with my aunt and uncle who i love dearly. Spent nine years in christian schools and being isolated from my brother until my aunt passed away. Her death sent me into a spiraling depression and video game addiction. My uncle remarried but his wench of a wife changed the locks of our house and threw a party after he passed away.Ā Ā Some of my lonliest times of my life but it was also during those times where i got a hold ofĀ pso and later this great community.Ā  Currently I'mĀ in the process of overcoming my addiction and my add so IĀ can finally move foward in my life.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I wish I could tell my story, but it's so far out that I can't trust anyone anymore. Nice thread though. Hope it pans out. I see a few people here who were on this though have been banned by now, and so that tells me I should avoid talking about life unless its in private, or on my own post.

• Dislike 1
  • Dw 1

• 4 weeks later...