Revive the PGF

Alone we are players, but together we are Ultima.

I invite you to please help me to restore PGF to the donation list and perhaps the drop chart.

If you've got something uppity to say about how only certain people (probably you included) should have dark weapons or "there are too many noobs with dark weapons!" please leave with your dignity before I take it from you.

We have two types of people in our midst. Those who understand that an economy is a growing & changing entity. And those who don't.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but share it at your own risk as I will attack you if you stand in my way. I am fighting only for a fair chance to play and enjoy all this game has to offer without having to get bored over this 8 month peroid where you have had the true weapons of this game taken from you. I will stop here Larva.

Thanks for your support.

• Like 15

Hahaha awe just a down vote that's all you got? what's wrong Faki nothing to say? Slither away and find somewhere to hide you little worm.

• Like 4

Hahaha awe just a down vote that's all you got? what's wrong Faki nothing to say? Slither away and find somewhere to hide you little worm.

Awww some people dont appreciate our donationsto the server :( yes we get rich quicker but we work our butt off in real life making this money to get this boost :( #HardWorkPaysOff

Edited by Armando
  • Like 5

Nice change to the hash tag. I agree that getting bitter when others donate for items is pure jealousy and nothing more. Thinking of pay to win as a bad thing is pure butthurt.

• Like 1

We just barely stopped allowing for PGF donations. We're not going to start right back up. There still is no ban on trading donation tickets. I'm sure someone would sell you a dark weapon for the right price. Last trades I've seen, dark weapons cost less than a PGF. Because of this, I really don't understand a topic being created.

• Like 4

Dark weapons = fun and that is why we want them back :)

Edited by Aiden Payne
  • Like 1

Ehh, I know I'm going to get bitched at for this, but here goes. I do believe the PGF should be back on the drops, I DON'T believe that it should be allowed to be donated for. This is only because not everyone can afford to donate for everything they want in this game. Some of us bust our asses hunting and trading items to try to afford dark weapons and even still what we come up with is overshadowed by richer players that can just drop a few donation tickets and bam, that weapon is theirs.

I personally bust my ass every day working in a godforsaken plastic bag factory doing much too much work for much too little pay, I have bills and whatnot, shit that has to be paid, and I love PSO; I crave dark weapons just like any other player. I work hard and even still, I can't afford to just go drop half of a paycheck on a PGF. What I CAN do is work hard in game and round up enough rares and mats and make a couple of mags and sell those out and try to make enough of a fortune in game to afford this lovely dark item.

Making it drop, would make the struggle so much easier, even at the shittiest rate, knowing that it CAN drop, eases my mind; but knowing that someone more fortunate can just go and toss a little chump change and get something that I would have to work my ass off for, that bothers me just a little. That's why I'm happy the event items are not able to be donated for (as far as I know) obviously there will always be someone willing to trade one they found for DTS, and thats fine I guess, but it just doesn't seem fair to me to have it on the donation list.

/bitchrant

• Like 12

Can I get an amen?

I honestly feel like people who are loaded with money or have parents who simply give them money to spend on this will have such an easy time getting whatever they want.

Not everyone in this server is loaded with money or is 13-15 yrs old and have their parents give them money for whatever they want. A lot of us are college students or grown ups who actually pay important stuff and can't afford to put every single paycheck into this game. I have donated before and I'm able to afford it but I find it a bit ridiculous that I have to donate to get really good stuff to actually be able to keep up with other players. I know of many players that can't afford to donate a single penny therefore they barely have any good stuff.

Now before people bitch at this post. I'm not trying to put down the donation system. I think it's wonderful since it's what keeps the server going. Maybe the donation list needs some adjustment? If we can donate for an incredibly powerful item then why are we not able to hunt for it as well? Like I said, I myself have donated multiple times but I don't feel like I should be using my money to donate it just to get actual good items in this game.

That's all. :)

• Like 3

this is my honest opinion, having pgf on the donation list has made pgf go rampant on the server (not saying this is a bad thing) but in my honest opinion dark weapons should be hard to obtain as they r the strongest and not as easy as putting some money down. I feel that a weapon of that caliber should be worked for.

now about making the drop all year round, while this can be a good idea it could also be a bad one. it could be good in the fact that its obtainable without waiting for christmas. But it can also be bad if it turns into what happened on schthack when the drop became pretty much undroppable with a very low drop rate. if this were to be implemented itd need a very carefully calculated drop as to not be to low or to high.

• Like 2

Cry harder el33ts. :onion120:

IT'S NO USE!

If you've got something uppity to say about how only certain people (probably you included) should have dark weapons or "there are too many noobs with dark weapons!" please leave with your dignity before I take it from you.
You'll get more satisfaction out of earning that weapon in game than by just throwing some money at it.
Edited by gmredencion
  • Like 1

I have been playing on this server since January. It has been great, and I have enjoyed many of the memories I had while playing 10 years ago on the Game Cube version. The rare times I do get to play now, with a home, wife, and child to care for, it is awesome, but I do not have the time like others to play all day and hunt for the rarest of items on the game. Which is why I have donated for the ones that seem unobtainable for me, including a PGF.

Whether you play for pure enjoyment, for the friends you have made, I dont see it as a competition between others to see who can get the best of items, and not to see who can get the most event items or who can be the "Richest Player". Whether or not another player has the best items on the game, shouldn't affect how you enjoy it. Do what you love on PSO. Hunt the items, kill the enemies, and enjoy the social atmosphere. Otherwise you'll just get bored and be gone in a month or two, or end up making a sad thread saying that you've quit the game for whatever reason.

With that being said, I would support either bringing back the PGF donation, and or a permanent drop.

Everyone should have an opportunity to obtain a PGF, whether it be from a personal sacrifice of time, or money.

• Like 4