[Unbreakable] All-Time Favourite Console?

Melody

Hai everyone,
It's Melody (Storm) again :3

I thought I'd start another topic to keep things in the sub-forum alive ^.^

Sooo, what is your favourite console? (You can choose PC as well)
If you have more than one favourite, what others did you really like? :')

I'd have to say that most of my best experiences were had on the GameCube!

But I really love PC as well!

I do miss my SNES though! Good times with EarthBound, Super Mario RPG, and Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening!

GameCube:

gamecube.jpg

SNES:

SNES-pad-616x409.png

PC:

ibm-pc.jpg

~Forum Kitten, Melody <3

• Like 3

I only really liked these :

- Snes ( that console had so many good games that i couldn't count : yoshi island, super mario world, mario all stars, donkey kong trilogy <3, zelda ALTTP, super metroid, crono trigger, ff6, starwing, super mario kart, street fighter 2 turbo, killer instinct, MK 2 and 3 ultimate, seiken densetsu 2 and 3, castlevania 4, lufia 2, aladdin, lion king, soul blazer, illusion of time, secret of evermore, SF alpha 2, megaman X series, super mario RPG, bahamut lagoon, terranigma, tales of phantasia... so many xD )

- PSX ( golden age of rpg :ph34r: with crazy stuff like xenogears, crono cross, grandia, ff7 and 9, ff tactics, legend of dragoon, valkyrie profile, saga frontier 2, breath of fire 3 and 4, suikoden 2 , wild arms, star ocean 2, parasite eve 1 and 2, vagrant story, alundra, dragon valor etc ... )

- N64 ( very good memories of multiplayer gaming for me ^_^ i'm thinking about mario kart, goldeneye, perfect dark, diddy kong racing, killer instinct gold, mario tennis, super smash bros, mario party etc.... and the console had very enjoyable platform/adventure games like mario 64, banjo kazooie, donkey kong 64, conkers bad fur day, banjo tooie, zelda OOT and MM )

- Dreamcast ( the only console 128 bit that i really enjoyed ;) great time with skies of arcadia, pso, soulcalibur, shenmue 1 and 2, power stone, street fighter 3rd strike, jet set radio, crazy taxi, virtua tennis, quake 3, sonic adventure 1 and 2, guilty gear x, ikaruga, marvel vs capcom 2, king of fighter 99/2000, unreal tournament, head hunter, rayman 2 etc ... )

I lost interest for gaming after dreamcast because i saw that the video game regressed on the playing kind that i liked the most ( platfom, adventure, rpg mostly ), i bought ps2, xbox, gamecube, xbox 360 and wii with lots of games on it but i've barely enjoyed them .... ( except maybe okami, pso ep 1&2, baten kaitos, tales of vesperia and xenoblade )

• Like 2

I only really liked these :

- Snes ( that console had so many good games that i couldn't count : yoshi island, super mario world, mario all stars, donkey kong trilogy <3, zelda ALTTP, super metroid, crono trigger, ff6, starwing, super mario kart, street fighter 2 turbo, killer instinct, MK 2 and 3 ultimate, seiken densetsu 2 and 3, castlevania 4, lufia 2, aladdin, lion king, soul blazer, illusion of time, secret of evermore, SF alpha 2, megaman X series, super mario RPG, bahamut lagoon, terranigma, tales of phantasia... so many xD )

- PSX ( golden age of rpg :ph34r: with crazy stuff like xenogears, crono cross, grandia, ff7 and 9, ff tactics, legend of dragoon, valkyrie profile, saga frontier 2, breath of fire 3 and 4, suikoden 2 , wild arms, star ocean 2, parasite eve 1 and 2, vagrant story, alundra, dragon valor etc ... )

- N64 ( very good memories of multiplayer gaming for me ^_^ i'm thinking about mario kart, goldeneye, perfect dark, diddy kong racing, killer instinct gold, mario tennis, super smash bros, mario party etc.... and the console had very enjoyable platform/adventure games like mario 64, banjo kazooie, donkey kong 64, conkers bad fur day, banjo tooie, zelda OOT and MM )

- Dreamcast ( the only console 128 bit that i really enjoyed ;) great time with skies of arcadia, pso, soulcalibur, shenmue 1 and 2, power stone, street fighter 3rd strike, jet set radio, crazy taxi, virtua tennis, quake 3, sonic adventure 1 and 2, guilty gear x, ikaruga, marvel vs capcom 2, king of fighter 99/2000, unreal tournament, head hunter, rayman 2 etc ... )

I lost interest for gaming after dreamcast because i saw that the video game regressed on the playing kind that i liked the most ( platfom, adventure, rpg mostly ), i bought ps2, xbox, gamecube, xbox 360 and wii with lots of games on it but i've barely enjoyed them .... ( except maybe okami, pso ep 1&2, baten kaitos, tales of vesperia and xenoblade )

All of those are amazing consoles. c:

I remember when I first got excited over the N64.

I have such fond memories of it.

I played PSX for yearsssss. To this day, still one of the best consoles out there without a doubt. The game lineup for it is huge, and many of those games are fantastic. :)

• Like 2

All of those are amazing consoles. c:

I remember when I first got excited over the N64.

I have such fond memories of it.

I played PSX for yearsssss. To this day, still one of the best consoles out there without a doubt. The game lineup for it is huge, and many of those games are fantastic. :)

indeed, the game lineup of psx was really big and the choice of games was gigantic for the time, a lot of different games and kind, many very good games ( mostly rpg, fighting and adventure ) but also some abominations like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojeQ52EooKE

My God this game xD

• Like 1

indeed, the game lineup of psx was really big and the choice of games was gigantic for the time, a lot of different games and kind, many very good games ( mostly rpg, fighting and adventure ) but also some abominations like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojeQ52EooKE

My God this game xD

Oh my goodness....what am I watching?!! D8

This game...why T_T

i liked Ps1,ps2, gamecube, N64, dreamcast, xbox, and pc

Long list of favourites you got there. ^.^

Great list though~!

I loved all of those. :')

How was the xbox? I never owned one myself. :x

• Like 1

well i can say, N64 is the best for me coz llok at games like perfect dark, banjo kazooei, conker bad fur day omg such a wonderful game for me the N64 lose the battle agaisnt ps1 but ps1 was jelly of the games of the N64 love that console xD

• Like 1

well i can say, N64 is the best for me coz llok at games like perfect dark, banjo kazooei, conker bad fur day omg such a wonderful game for me the N64 lose the battle agaisnt ps1 but ps1 was jelly of the games of the N64 love that console xD

I totally see where you're coming from~!

Banjo Kazooei/Tooei, Perfect Dark, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Conker, Pokemon Stadium, Super Smash Bros, Goldeneye, Paper Mario...honestly I could go on!

PS1 was around for a very long time, and had tons more games and some incredible series as well...but N64 had absolutely priceless experiences, and did so well at the platforming scene.

:3

• Like 3

PC because emulators <3

and she came and kill the dreams of so many ppl QQ just kidding, well pc is good but to be honest i dislike a bit emulatores coz most of they run games but with glitches nothing can be better than the original hardware, sorry but its true angel mi amore xD

Edited by serverus
  • Like 1

and she came and kill the dreams of so many ppl QQ just kidding, well pc is good but to be honest i dislike a bit emulatores coz most of they run games but with glitches nothing can be better than the original hardware, sorry but its true angel mi amore xD

yeah that is the problem of emulator, it is not always fully functionnal and should always settle full of parameters with plugins and emulator settings to find the ideal configuration of sound/graphics/save/gameplay ( and configuration often changes between the different games.... i'm mostly about project 64 and epsxe zzzzz .... )

But there is some interesting advantages like new contents, improved graphics ( with the help of graphic filters, smoothing etc ... ) and a better quality of sound if you have a nice sound card and set of speakers.

Moreover, the consoles have more accessibility, optimization and comfort in terms of quick gaming.

PC because emulators <3

Emuwhore!!!

jkjk <3

I love PC, though i own most of the classic consoles that I really like :')

^^^^

This!

Nothing's better than the original hardware <3

Indeed... i still have GameCube (the controller is broken), N64 (2, 1 with expansion pack OMG)...and SNes!!! Nintendo FTW

:onion108:

A Nintard^

hehe I kid! I love my Nintendo consoles as well!!

I still have 5 (yes, more than 4...lol) controllers for my Gamecube!

Though I only have 3 for my N64 Dx

yeah that is the problem of emulator, it is not always fully functionnal and should always settle full of parameters with plugins and emulator settings to find the ideal configuration of sound/graphics/save/gameplay ( and configuration often changes between the different games.... i'm mostly about project 64 and epsxe zzzzz .... )

But there is some interesting advantages like new contents, improved graphics ( with the help of graphic filters, smoothing etc ... ) and a better quality of sound if you have a nice sound card and set of speakers.

Moreover, the consoles have more accessibility, optimization and comfort in terms of quick gaming.

I completely agree with you on this one!!

The right plugins/settings is a pain to get figured out for certain games/consoles :x

I love where you were going with the advvantages though!

Another major advantage is the ability to play modified roms of games you've already completed!

Such as the amazing Video Game remakes/Difficulty enhancers on this site:

http://insanedifficulty.com/

I was always a fan of the Dreamcast, SNES, sadly not the N64 :c, Gameboy! (You have to understand the Gameboy had such amazing games), Gamecube however, the PC just trumps all nowadays. There will always be the classics though. :)

• Like 2

I was always a fan of the Dreamcast, SNES, sadly not the N64 :c, Gameboy! (You have to understand the Gameboy had such amazing games), Gamecube however, the PC just trumps all nowadays. There will always be the classics though. :)

yup squishy, the gameboy is probably the most impressive console ever created ..... a great technological advance for his time ( in term of sound and graphics ) crazy games lol .... zelda link's awakening was seriously incredible for a 8 bit portable.... and seiken densetsu, super mario land 1 and 2, gargoyle's quest, tetris !!! hahaha