Broken quests.

Lee

• 2 months later...

Me and a few others ran a quest today that could use some help. The quest was called Christmas Catastrophe. Here's what I noticed right away.

All sinows appear under floor. Height should be set to 60-70.
Most dubchics have no switch
Can't talk to guild lady after quest

Me and a few others ran a quest today that could use some help. The quest was called Christmas Catastrophe. Here's what I noticed right away.

I think the sinows effect was intended D: it's beautiful to watch !!

Only the guild lady one is an actual bug I think. Dubchichs with no switch happen sometimes, it's just not a very common thing, you just have to knock them down 5 times to kill them. The sinows in the floor is a pretty cool effect, I agree with cy on that, there's also another ep2 quest that does the same thing where the sinows just stand up from the floor instead of falling from the ceiling.

Yes, some quests have dubchics like that, they're here to waste your time killing them 5x

Same for the sinow, it's a way to "hide" their presence, and indeed it makes their landing roll funny to watch D:

On seaside it even makes it more realistic than when they appear from the sky (PW1)

As for the guild lady I've reported it here

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/26627-new-quests/?p=153716

It's not only the guild lady but also bank and shops.

(Weather Effect has the same thing with weapon and armor shops, but those were on purpose I think)

Edited by r-78

Think even in the normal they don't, they dont enter the final enemy count

No, it's not a bug at all, there's nothing that needs to be fixed. Even in regular ttf, you see the sparkle of dark gunners that never actually appear, they are simply meant to trick you; you get max kills (in both regular ttf and ttf ultima). Even though it looks like there are gunners, there really aren't. It's just a special effect sega put in there to trick you into thinking you aren't at max kills yet.

I still believe it was not intentional ...

Yes, actually you get "max kills" in TTF Ultima because the creator didn't bother modifying the scripts, and this is what is in the script of the normal TTF :

If number of enemies killed strictly superior to 195 then "max kill" is reached.

V7ry0bR.png

H7QDaF7.png

Zbbwi3q.png

(Not even close to the total amount of enemies in TTFU)

Basically, kill a couple waves of enemies, don't die, finish in time and you get a Purple Ring ...

Also he only added enemies to already existing waves, and strangely there are only 2 waves instead of 4 in the first room of Ruin 3 (including the Bringer door-unlocking wave) : one more reason to think the ghost gunners were unwanted.

Sega didn't put those by the way, again I haven't found anything like that in their quest.

Edited by r-78

Soly, is it normal in max attack s episode 1

that there is a sinow red without a hitbox in the last room :x you cant hit em but he can hit you..

but you dont need to kill him to finish quest ^^

Edited by Nightmare2.0

Soly, is it normal in max attack s episode 1

that there is a sinow red without a hitbox in the last room :x you cant hit em but he can hit you..

but you dont need to kill him to finish quest ^^

Sounds like you had some desync going on, because I just played that yesterday and didn't have that happen to me.

@Soly Why bother removing rewards from ttf ultima? Black Ring and Purple Ring are perfectly fine to have there, they're easier to get in regular ttf anyway, they're not too great of a reward, and you only get it once anyay.

@Soly Why bother removing rewards from ttf ultima? Black Ring and Purple Ring are perfectly fine to have there, they're easier to get in regular ttf anyway, they're not too great of a reward, and you only get it once anyay.

Idk... its not the way it should be... I could then change the checks for mobs killed and that stuff...

i was playing wirh some friends and one said he had this sometimes before.. he said its an bug or so :x

cause nobody of us 4 could hit em

Yeah it could still be a bug like that other quest uploaded not long ago that sometimes you can't hit anything in the room until you go out and in again.

I might look at it soon.

Idk... its not the way it should be... I could then change the checks for mobs killed and that stuff...

Yeah it could still be a bug like that other quest uploaded not long ago that sometimes you can't hit anything in the room until you go out and in again.

I might look at it soon.

I'm 99.99% sure he just had desync (i.e. saw a mob that was supposed to already be dead). Played the quest again today and didn't see anything like that happen.

• 2 years later...

Side Quest [Episode 1]: Central Dome Fire Swirl, i looked up a guide and it said there's a switch next to a dude that you rescue, he has a big blue sword, and that switch is needed to gain access to where his companion Anna is; but I've looked and looked all over that area and there's no switch there at all, so the quest cannot be completed.