Broken quests.

Lee

For forest offensive:

Either sounds like the most recent version of the quest isn't up, or whoever crashed cheated. Pretty sure it was working correctly the last time I touched it.

For mine offensive:

With the boxes your chances of getting something unless it was changed is around 10% for most items. You have a much higher chance of getting something in ROCT because that quest is far harder. Could have coded this a lot better since I have a better understanding of coding now, but it was working fine. Although, I did make one change that may or may not have broke the drops. I think all the items have a FF added onto them which if I rememeber was for another server's code to make the item's % random. That may have broke the drops, I'm not sure. Now that I think about it, server coding could have made making this quest a lot easier. xD

In my opinion the boxes are better to have than a console that gives them for several reasons, not saying why though.

well aware why. If I have to look at your retarded quests my eyes are probably going to burn.

Have fun!!!! I'm surprised you never looked at any of my quests.

I would fix/test them myself, but I can't motivate myself to. If I remember I almost finished a quest in September, all I needed to do was test it and fix a few more bugs and couldn't motivate myself to do it. I'm so lazy at the moment. XD

Edited by Rika

In Beach Laughter quest in ep 2, when you talk to the Talking Rock the game freezes. It makes a confirm noise, the screen flashes white and light circles the rock and then...... nothing. Character is just stuck there staring at the constantly nodding rappy until I alt+backspace out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weather Effects has an issue at the end of the quest. You cannot complete the quest, collect a reward, go to the shop, visit the bank or any other functions after completing the 10th floor in the tower. Otherwise, the quest is great. The bank/shops aren't really as much of an annoyance (as this is broken in Path to Salvation as well, probably by design). But not being able to collect a reward to leave the room, you have to teach newer players the /lobby command.

I saw you previously mention, Lee, that the quest is horribly coded and shouldn't be on the server. Many people would be sad if that happened. It's a fun quest that is starting to catch on my many people on the server. If the reward cannot be fixed, do not remove the quest. The broken version is fine as long as you don't want a reward at the end. ;)

• Like 1

it's just an edited sega tower quest using mob replacement tools, even the dialogue was hex edited in. you don't even know who edited or when it was done, I'll tell you though.

It was sylphos about 6 or 7 years ago maybe more. We really don't need more sega quest edits with broken spawns these days when we can program them from scratch.

It was a gc quest too, so sounds like a botched conversion job with no bb id tags and the floor code not converted.

Edited by Lee

So just these then -_-

Forest Offensive
shattered dreams
Forest offensive
raid on central tower
Mines offensive
Pioneer Spirit
Beach Laughter
The Missing Maracas
The Tinkerbell's Lost Dog 2
Weather Effects

akikos shop?

I'll probably get shouted at for this but I have a question or rather a suggestion for ROCT.

When you finish the quest, you'll randomly receive one out of a few weapons or a PD. Unfortunately, most of the weapons aren't too useful:

• :gun: Yasminkov 9000 - The one weapon everyone really wants from this quest
  • :swo: Red Sword - Quite decent for HUs who don't have any of the stronger alternatives.
  • :swo: Yasha - I guess it's nice to be able for people to get it "easily" this way... but you don't see many players using Sange&Yasha
  • :gun: NUG Bazooka - outclassed by Iron Faust and Cannon Rouge (not even mentioning the even stronger RA multitarget weapons), therefore you don't see anyone using this
  • :gun: Samba Maracas - looks nice but base ATP/ATA are 10 only, so even with high hit it is pretty useless, just novelty value
  • :swo: Raikiri - again, looks kinda nice but not very practical. Novelty at best or if you need another option to lower your HP via special.
  • :can: Valkyrie - Single target weapon for FOs. Decent ATP but that's it. No special. No reason to use.
  • :can: Earth Wand Brownie - nice ATP and looks like a double saber but isn't one. Special steals HP. No reason to use.
  • :can: Evil Curst - single target FO weapon with high ATP. But it can't combo and the special is low level Megid. Again, no reason to use.

So, what we've got reflects the class disparity rather well. The most desirable weapon is for RAs, who just happen to be the best overall classes on Ultima, especially with that broken Dark Meteor. The runner-up is the Red Sword, then we got a few other so-so weapon usable by various classes and at the bottom end we have the most useless ones: FO-exclusive.

Since it requires a dedicated team with a bit of knowledge and skill to clear ROCT in a satisfactory way (read: not with 50 deaths and running out of time), it would be nice if the rewards were a bit more evenly balanced towards all classes so everyone can get something they actually will want to use. Most of the time you'll wish you got the Photon Drop instead. I'm nost asking for super powerful and broken weapons, but something that isn't guaranteed to gather dust in your characters' bank. Something along the lines of Vivienne, Last Swan/Master Raven (or even Frozen Shooter, even though that's RA again), for example.

Again, this isn't a rant, just a suggestion.

Regards,

El Socko (now off to smoke some Booma fur)

Edited by El Socko
  • Like 4

Something along the lines of Vivienne or Frozen Shooter, for example.

i would suggest Master Raven ,Last Swan

Edited by Hykaro

I'll probably get shouted at for this but I have a question or rather a suggestion for ROCT.

When you finish the quest, you'll randomly receive one out of a few weapons or a PD. Unfortunately, most of the weapons aren't too useful:

• :gun: Yasminkov 9000 - The one weapon everyone really wants from this quest
  • :swo: Red Sword - Quite decent for HUs who don't have any of the stronger alternatives.
  • :swo: Yasha - I guess it's nice to be able for people to get it "easily" this way... but you don't see many players using Sange&Yasha
  • :gun: NUG Bazooka - outclassed by Iron Faust and Cannon Rouge (not even mentioning the even stronger RA multitarget weapons), therefore you don't see anyone using this
  • :gun: Samba Maracas - looks nice but base ATP/ATA are 10 only, so even with high hit it is pretty useless, just novelty value
  • :swo: Raikiri - again, looks kinda nice but not very practical. Novelty at best or if you need another option to lower your HP via special.
  • :can: Valkyrie - Single target weapon for FOs. Decent ATP but that's it. No special. No reason to use.
  • :can: Earth Wand Brownie - nice ATP and looks like a double saber but isn't one. Special steals HP. No reason to use.
  • :can: Evil Curst - single target FO weapon with high ATP. But it can't combo and the special is low level Megid. Again, no reason to use.

So, what we've got reflects the class disparity rather well. The most desirable weapon is for RAs, who just happen to be the best overall classes on Ultima, especially with that broken Dark Meteor. The runner-up is the Red Sword, then we got a few other so-so weapon usable by various classes and at the bottom end we have the most useless ones: FO-exclusive.

Since it requires a dedicated team with a bit of knowledge and skill to clear ROCT in a satisfactory way (read: not with 50 deaths and running out of time), it would be nice if the rewards were a bit more evenly balanced towards all classes so everyone can get something they actually will want to use. Most of the time you'll wish you got the Photon Drop instead. I'm nost asking for super powerful and broken weapons, but something that isn't guaranteed to gather dust in your characters' bank. Something along the lines of Vivienne, Last Swan/Master Raven (or even Frozen Shooter, even though that's RA again), for example.

Again, this isn't a rant, just a suggestion.

Regards,

El Socko (now off to smoke some Booma fur)

i agree with this. just erase the bad items and put another tha are more itneresting and usefull