New RR Drop.

If a system we have elected begins to create situations that we do not agree with, it's a shame on all of us that we don't speak up and make a change.

I believe that the new Red Ring drop of 1/300 is going to make it very hard on new players to reach a point where they feel strong and competent in this game. And it's kind of a slap in the face to people who didn't get one if you think about it.

People of Ultima, if you want Red Ring fixed back to the original drop rate many of us are already on your side. Here is your topic, lets put the foot down. I've got a lot of friends who would like a red ring and for a server many of us donate lots of money to keep alive, it sure feels like we're getting pushed around a little.

I am very grateful for everything Larva, Kajex, Chuk, Mio, Lee and all of ultima does for us. But I feel that this is counter productive.

If you agree with my perspective. Lets work together and make a change :)

On a side note I would vote to bring back dark weapons too since new players will have to wait 8 months to use one. Most will likely come and go before ever achieving one. Many don't even find it at Christmas and it's a cool weapon I think everyone should have. Taking away access to the most fun weapons isn't the best way to get people into this game if you think about it.

I will acknowledge the counter argument of economy problems I say this: While the economy is one aspect of the game, you must also respect the curve of difficulty and progress for the individual regardless of trading opportunities which are more of a "maybe" thing if you are lucky and find an exchange with another player. Economy is very alive, and yes it will grow. Eventually things will change their value in relativity to other things. However in the big picture, its all just the same routine of hunting items and exchanging. If you consider the seemingly endless climb of this game you can imagine that everyone having everything and losing interest is literally impossible. Therefore, not to fear, the game will always be interesting and you wont lose players to boredom. I can speak as one of the more accomplished players on the server and say i'm only getting started :)

Peace and Love.

Edited by Aiden Payne
  • Like 7

I kinda feel you on the Red Rings but I mean look how cheap Dark Weapons are right now I can probably get one for some scrap in the bank I feel like they should stay but I think that the 1/300 is pretty heavy but hey it is like we skipped months of hunting and got them in a hours time but the consequence is that we won't be getting them for awhile so it is a bit like time travel if you ask me ;)

I encourage you to re-read my post. Especially the last paragraph.

Edited by Aiden Payne

O.o 1/300 I was not informed about this.

I didn't know tha either lol. I did hear about how there was a lot of RR drops yesterday though

All the red ring drops during that time were logged. My opinion is taking back each one that was found during that tine does less damage than raising the rate for an extended period of time does.

Not that it is ideal, but it isn't as bad as it currently is.

• Like 6

I didn't know tha either lol. I did hear about how there was a lot of RR drops yesterday though

Dude, no offence by all means but...YOU MISSED OUT! :onion108: But still yet again i'm glad that was stopped all thanks to Kajex =] who was also the CAUSE! :onion118:

• Like 1

I would love if everyone that abused that drop to give back the rr's to the gm's. So the rr's could be destroyed and the economy restored :D but nobody got the balls to do that!

Besides on the crack mode, the one's that abused were punished :3

Edited by cyane
  • Like 1

Where is this information from? I don't think this is true. Can't just go from 1/50 to handing out free RR's by mistake to 1/300, that's just stupid.

• Like 3

All the red ring drops during that time were logged. My opinion is taking back each one that was found during that tine does less damage than raising the rate for an extended period of time does.

Not that it is ideal, but it isn't as bad as it currently is.

i disagree with this because most of the ones i found were given out to people who needed them lol

• Like 3

i disagree with this because most of the ones i found were given out to people who needed them lol

yeah true same here.

• Like 2

I disagree with taking them back. I understand that mistakes are made but raising the drop rates because of that which has nothing to do with the players is not right. Players didn't make the mistake. How can that be called abuse? No one was cheating or anything.

• Like 1