Easter Event Information

To be clear, neither of the new armors actually boost techs. It's a limitation in the game's coding (according to lee). Armors cannot have tech boosts. We still need to remove the verbiage about the tech boosts from the unitxt descriptions.

To be clear, neither of the new armors actually boost techs. It's a limitation in the game's coding (according to lee). Armors cannot have tech boosts. We still need to remove the verbiage about the tech boosts from the unitxt descriptions.

so to be totally clear, what EXACTLY does each armor do? :o

Doesn't mother garb+ boost grants though?

im pretty sure thats not true schtserv has armors that boost all foie techs etc ( ignition cloak i think)? all this bs

im pretty sure thats not true schtserv has armors that boost all foie techs etc ( ignition cloak i think)? all this bs

Doesn't mother garb+ boost grants though?

All armors that boost techs are hard coded in the exe by sega. This includes mother garb +, ignition cloak, congeal cloak, cursed cloak and others. Every armor suggested by Armando and Redshift are default sega armors and were not added on schthack. They exist on all servers. When we use lee's PMT editor to save tech boosts, they do absolutely nothing. According to lee the only armors that can get tech boosts are the ones created by sega. No new ones can be added. I'm sure he could figure out a way to reverse engineer the tech boosts in the exe, but for now none of our boosts work. This means that armors we have placed boosts on do not work at all:

• Godric's Cloak - Was supposed to be gibarta/gifoie boost. Does nothing.
  • Sue's Coat - Was supposed to be resta, shifta, and deband. Does nothing.
  • Samurai Armor - Was supposed to be rabarta. Does nothing.

I've asked larva if we can look into modifying the stats to compensate for the lack of boosts. I'm not sure if he has decided to do that or not.

so to be totally clear, what EXACTLY does each armor do? :o

Here's what the new armors should do:

• Godric's Cloak - Bonus of 30 ata and 30 atp (though I think the ata is broken at the moment). It's supposed to be fomar only, but someone has reported it working on fonewm.
  • Sue's Coat - Bonus of 100 atp. Usable by hunewearl and hucaseal.

Both armors have some good stats/resistances. I forget the exact stats, but we will be placing them in this page shortly with stats, requirements and descriptions. The only bad stat is godric's cloak's DEF. Currently the min-stat version is 30 def. I personally would like that raised since the tech boosts are broken, but even if it stays the same, the evp is like 300 and it has great resistances.

• Like 2

By "great resistances" on Godric's Cloak, you mean the 2 least useful resistances, Light (only for low level chars trying to survive falz divine punishment/grants, which you can also overcome with hp units) and Thunder (no real practical use, other than having 100+ for epsilon, which is only possible with sonicteam armor anyway)? :onion-head49:

it seems sega basically exe restricted the few armors that have tech boosts, while we can alter their amount, you can't add more to others without some alterations to the assembly code to fix them.

I can make modifications to stats if the rest of the gm's can agree on something since larva is indisposed.

I'm not going through the bother of adding custom text boost code for each armor, I'm talking about compensation stats, I can't anyway since i don't have the unpacked exe larva used from my builder anyway. Any changes would desync his anyway.