Finally we decided to offer a VoIP (voice chat) service to the players. our VoIP voice chat server is running with the most stable and best service that is currently out there.

Mumble! was a pain in the ass to set it up properly (blame ZeroICE api XD lol).

any way you guys wont have any problem at all to connect to the server. you only need mumble software that can be obtain from http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

download windows client.

once you download just configure your speakers/mic.

then add our server to your list of server.

you will need the IP/domain address of the server and the port number.

IP : ultimapsobb.org

port: 64738

Mumble_ultima.png

if you guys have problems doing any of the above steps. here's a how to guide with pictures. just follow that guide as reference. http://www.mumble.com/support/how-to-connect-to-a-mumble-server.php.

HOW TO ENABLE Mumble OVERLAY IN PSOBB

Well after some research of the overlay of Mumble i find out that the game need to call directX9 to use the overlay function of Mumble. Since the overlay is one of the great things about Mumble i really wanted to have this thing working with PSO. so after chating with Lee he gave me a great idea. To use the ENB series effects that who users created while ago. Then ENB calls Directx9, but i dont like the ENB effects.

So what i did is to have the ENB on but with non special effects whatsoever.

any way cut to the chase.

1. you must enable the overlay in the settings of Mumble.

2. you will need to download this file and extract the content to the root folder of PSO. psooverlay.rar -> Mirror . -> Mirror2

3. you need to add the exe of PSO to the whitelist of Mumble. (see picture)

mumbleoverlay.png

Finally if you did all the above steps you will see the overlay in the game. Overlay will show the members who are in the same room that you are in mumble and will highlight the user who is talking.

overlay2.jpgas you can see in the top right hand corner, thats who i have configure my overlay.

Enjoy

Español

Finalmente hemos decidido ofrecer VolP (chat de voz) para ustedes. nuestro servidor VolP chat de voz corre en el mejor y mas estable servicio que hay actualmente.

Mumble! fue un dolor de trasero para configurarlo apropiadamente.

De cualquier manera no tendran ningun problema para conectar al servidor, solamente necesitan el cliente de mumble el cual pueden conseguir click en el link ---> http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Descargar el cliente para windows.

Una vez descargado solo configuren su microfono y sus auriculares.

Entonces solo agrega nuestro servidor a tu lista de servidores.

Necesitaras nuestra dirrecion IP/Dominio del servidor y numero de puerto.

IP : ultimapsobb.org

Puerto: 64738

Si tiene problemas con alguno de los pasos, aqui una guia con imagenes, toma la guia como referencia.

http://www.mumble.com/support/how-to-connect-to-a-mumble-server.php.

Como hablitar el overlay de Mumble en PSOBB

Buenos despues de una investigaciondel over lay de Mumble, encontre que el juego necesita el directX9 para la funcion overlay,

desde que overlay es la mejor funcion de MUMBLE, yo quiero que esto funcione con el PSOBB, asi que despues de un chat con Lee me dio una gran idea, de usar el effecto EMB series que fue creado hace un tiempo, entonces el EMB llama al directX9 pero no me gustan los effectos del EMB.

Asi que lo que hice es poner el EMB series pero sin los effectos.

Bueno al grano.

1.Debes habilitar el overlay en mumble

2.Necesitas descargar estos archivos y extraerlos en la carpeta raiz de pso. psooverlay.rar -> Mirror . -> Mirror2

3.Necesitas agregar el exe de pso en mumble en tu listablanca. (mira la imagen)

mumbleoverlay.png

Finalmente si seguistes los pasos anteriores veras el overlay en el juego, el overlay mostrara los miembros que estan en el mismo cuarto.

overlay2.jpg

Disfruntelo.

Edited by Larva
  • Like 11

Sounds good dude going to try it out now. :onion-head11:

But we already have the Ventrilo... o.o

Just an alternative. im not saying to anyone what to use. just saying i decide to launch what i prefer as a voip service.

• Like 2

Now, I can hear the voices of Ultima!

=] hehe yeah this should be a good opportunity. Thank you again Larva seems great, :onion-head11: much appreciated.

I haven't be able to make work the Overley in PSOBB, probably because im using Windows 64bits.

if anyone is able to make work the Overley of mumble if PSOBB please post how lol.

it does work in other game in my pc, but i havent in PSOBB.

edited first post with instructions on how to enable overlay.

Edited by Larva

I added language channel sections to the "lobby 1" within the Mumble server to include all the major languages I've seen people speak on this server. I'm not sure if it helps. If it does and I'm missing a language, let me know.

• Deutsch
  • English
  • Español
  • Francês
  • Português

But we already have the Ventrilo... o.o

There is a PRO team section in Mumble's teams. I dare you to use it. You know you want to. ;) I know pro team pays for ventrilo, so it's very nice larva provided a free alternative for the community.

To get players used to the features, I'm thinking of hosting my next mini event exclusively through Mumble. I'm not sure when that will happen, but just a heads up.

but we already have the Ventrilo... but seriously, mumble has stability problems from feature cram. Ventrilo has been the same reliable software/interface for years and years. its your forum they are gonna ask for tech support on and i will be of no help to them when they cant get mumble working. we hate mumble so much, Ventrilo is paid for just so we dont have to use mumble, that should've been the dead ringer right there.

It has promise as a voice chat software, but without mass migration of the biggest voice chat community in this game i think your gonna have an empty server, aside from pro members logging in to see if anyone else is using it. how come you didnt ask us first? we said on many occasions that all teams are welcome, I didn't become a pro member until a month after being on Ventrilo. our voice community is active and friendly and welcomes all(just pm squish about joining). Except TJ, which btw good luck getting rid of tj. you'll know who he is when he shows up.

And from what I understand all this was mentioned and ignored, so do what you will, i'm sticking with vent.

Edited by nerdmastax

but we already have the Ventrilo... but seriously, mumble has stability problems from feature cram. Ventrilo has been the same reliable software/interface for years and years. its your forum they are gonna ask for tech support on and i will be of no help to them when they cant get mumble working. we hate mumble so much, Ventrilo is paid for just so we dont have to use mumble, that should've been the dead ringer right there.

It has promise as a voice chat software, but without mass migration of the biggest voice chat community in this game i think your gonna have an empty server, aside from pro members logging in to see if anyone else is using it. how come you didnt ask us first? we said on many occasions that all teams are welcome, I didn't become a pro member until a month after being on Ventrilo. our voice community is active and friendly and welcomes all(just pm squish about joining). Except TJ, which btw good luck getting rid of tj. you'll know who he is when he shows up.

And from what I understand all this was mentioned and ignored, so do what you will, i'm sticking with vent.

Now i have to ask your permissions to wipe my ass ?m. Wtf.

I already talk to ur pro team leader. Stop crying. End of that conversation.

• Like 7

It seams i did a misakte with the above patch. i puload the one with light effects. More late ill upload the correct one with out effects.

Note: this patch ots only needed for those who cant see the overlay. I been told from some users that the overlay works fine to me with out the patch.

Edited by Larva

I added language channel sections to the "lobby 1" within the Mumble server to include all the major languages I've seen people speak on this server. I'm not sure if it helps. If it does and I'm missing a language, let me know.

• Deutsch
  • English
  • Español
  • Francês
  • Português

There is a PRO team section in Mumble's teams. I dare you to use it. You know you want to. ;) I know pro team pays for ventrilo, so it's very nice larva provided a free alternative for the community.

To get players used to the features, I'm thinking of hosting my next mini event exclusively through Mumble. I'm not sure when that will happen, but just a heads up.

You forgot Dutch