Character stat changes - input wanted

Wow. Lee just made me much less happy. And I don't think FOney needs more ATP. They're literally the ONLY class that doesn't use it. What they need is to be able to not need it. Maybe make Si techs actually scale properly? They're crappy. If I can have a foie that actually does good damage, I wouldn't have to worry about damage cancel, and it wouldn't be broken, as other classes can still deal a lot of damage. Also, help gibarta. It's a beautiful tech that is useless. The animation is amazing, and it's terrible. The FOney doesn't need ATP if it can actually deal more damage with it's techs than other forces. It doesn't matter if it has the highest MST if said MST doesn't actually increase the overall damage by an amount high enough to care. It'll still be outclassed by other forces that actually have physical damage as well.

EDIT: When I say don't use it, I mean don't try to beat things to death. Slicer of Fanatic is still awesome. xD

Edited by Kolective
  • Like 1

Hmm, how about increasing the max level cap over 200 and making the exp required really high for each level after 200?

well i guess no one noticed my char was level 900+ on schtserv, drawback with this is hp and tp are calculated via level (as well as mst for tp) anyway my ramar if you want an example has around 3kish hp and 1.5kish tp base with no material usuage.

Kajex careful with what you promise people, there are things that can and can't be done. As well as things which probably should be avoided doing.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

Client controls the stats, both max mats and base as well as the mat usage hard cap, unless prestige users use a different client this will never happen, a soft cap d/cing users for over using materials also makes no sense.

If it's impossible to raise stat caps, how did we do it before? Base stats are higher here than on other servers. If we increase the mat cap and raise some max stats, wouldn't that be the idea of prestige? I don't think it matters if the client doesn't force stats to be higher if we can do it through alternate material limits and raising the max stat limits.

That being said, prestige has taken this long. I'm sure it's not going to be implemented for a while even with progress.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 1

The exe defines the max stats, the base stats and the material limits. My patcher allows changing of all these values it is how they where raised before.

MY POINT IS THIS:

The client knows nothing about prestige. The server can't control the hard caps when it comes to materials. they are 3 fixed numbers in the client . This controls the grey out on the client to stop you using more then your class allows human newman or cast.

Now then you can retardly try to control them using a soft cap, this is both counter intuitive to new players who will try and use materials and get d/ced and probably pissed off but also looks untidy

Now lets talk about the max stat caps. these again are fixed numbers in the client. (would you like to see some screens from my patcher to prove this?).

If the client locks something down, the server cannot control it. the one exception would be the base 200 stats, but this would take monumental recoding in the welcome packet to pull off, and well you can't even get a simple reset to lvl 1 and colour name code working right no offense.

Edited by Lee

I'll give you an example of what could be done:

The playerlvltbl.prs is sent in the welcome packet it controls the stat gains per level 1-200.

it's the file that for example gives you 2 atp when you level up.

Now what you could do is increase the gap between min and max stats so that you cannot max out a char with materials, then send a different welcome packet to prestige players which closes the gap letting them max stats easier.

as i pointed out above this is probably beyond the people doing this if they can't even get prestige working.

Their prestige system as far as i know is all quest unlock based, and hard enforced equip caps by the server in the form of special items and quests. Oh and a coloured name

ie not worth doing really, i'm sure choko could tell you more.

Also stop using negative stats in equipment. Pso doesn't like it. especially HP.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

Also stop using negative stats in equipment. Pso doesn't like it. especially HP.

Yeah after noob HP, I came up with more ridiculous ideas that aren't negative. We never had issues with Godric/Ability and previous negative-stat items. But after noob/hp, we've gone a different direction with the dumb troll items.

Armando, you'll find out about the new event items soon. The event is basically done. People are going to bitch about the new items being so specific to certain classes, but there's no real point in having "general" items that all classes can use. I really want to start releasing things to help one specific character type to increase diversity between character classes. There are too many hucasts, fonewms, racasts and ramarls at the moment and not a lot else.

Edited by kajex

there is more foneys than fonewms lol..... and theres as much hucast as huneys

Least played chars in my opinions from most played from them to least played from them

HUcaseal

Ramar

humar

racaseal

fomar

All other classes are palyed alot...

Edited by Armando

Yeah after noob HP, I came up with more ridiculous ideas that aren't negative. We never had issues with Godric/Ability and previous negative-stat items. But after noob/hp, we've gone a different direction with the dumb troll items.

Armando, you'll find out about the new event items soon. The event is basically done. People are going to bitch about the new items being so specific to certain classes, but there's no real point in having "general" items that all classes can use. I really want to start releasing things to help one specific character type to increase diversity between character classes. There are too many hucasts, fonewms, racasts and ramarls at the moment and not a lot else.

you should change noob hp to +1 hp to correct the potential issues

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying this Topic the ideas i'm seeing is getting me really interested to whats to comes for the new traits towards the server in general and the easter event =]

• Like 1