Victorious Event

Saber +7

I didn't care before because I wasn't participating, but I don't think it's entirely fair to have weapons with 100% on the stats. not every team participating is going to have someone with a beast weapon like that. Take TTF for example, no matter how strategically you run it, falz is going to kill your time unless you have a superweapon wtih 100%dark on it. This contest will be a battle of the superweapons at this rate.

my suggestion: ban the use of weapons over 60% of any given stat excluding hit. or at the very least, allow only one weapon with 100% stats per team. Mind you this is a suggestion, no is a viable answer to it.

you may now all begin to bitch at me. aaaaaand GO!

Edited by xenomaren
  • Like 6

TA does not necessarily boil down to just super weapons. I agree it does play a part in determining what ever time you get but there is one other factors to consider. Luck. Using the same example you used , what if Falz just gives you a shitty time? constantly going into invincibility spamming techs on second form or simply bad timing on third form with the invulnerability. That really eats the time. Being that these are uncontrollable factors in TA and getting the best time means having the best patterns during boss fights and trivial things such as hell activation in Ep2. No amount of preparation will warrant the best times. Just a little something to consider.

• Like 1

TA does not necessarily boil down to just super weapons. I agree it does play a part in determining what ever time you get but there is one other factors to consider. Luck. Using the same example you used , what if Falz just gives you a shitty time? constantly going into invincibility spamming techs on second form or simply bad timing on third form with the invulnerability. That really eats the time. Being that these are uncontrollable factors in TA and getting the best time means having the best patterns during boss fights and trivial things such as hell activation in Ep2. No amount of preparation will warrant the best times. Just a little something to consider.

of course, I understand that; but I've seen teams that can take falz out before he even goes up to cast grants for the first time using such weapons, and this is without a 4 way photon blast. a team that can basically spawn kill falz is simply a deciding factor in a run

• Like 2

I totally agree with you guys real and truly I already said this before this event is not structured right and has many flaws for unfairness due to gear etc but yeah unless your people like me with this ultimate set of stuff then I totally see your thoughts on this believe me I totally do! However yes it is true that Wilson has agreed also that this was his 1st time laying out this event so he hadn't figured out all the bugs yet but tbh I don't blame him for that since yeah it's his 1st time doing an event like this so I just said ok I understand instantly and even if I do win I wouldn't even use the stuff ^^ I just participate in event to win thing for my team or friends i'm just a nice person like that for example for Kajex's mini '99Item' event I totally wasn't interested in the items at all!!! I just wanted the satisfaction of winning and taking part =P but yet again you guys might be thinking you only give away your stuff because your already OP but that's not the case i'm a really nice guy if you get to know me well ask any of my friends =]. However aside from this and back to the point it is true that this Event needs serious re-thinking on rules and regulations because many people are starting to get frustrated with assembling teams and trying to get a good enough gear to participate with or whatever, but remember I don't blame you Wilson for having flaws in this event trust me it's totally fine, even in some of my event I have some flaws =] not every event people make can be perfect to meet everyones standards. :onion-head69:

• Like 2

I don't blame Wilson, it's not easy putting together an event. The only way to make the event truly fair would be to make teams fight with sabers and handguns lol but even then there would be some imbalance. I'm just saying extreme %'s on weapons definitely tips the scale a little too far. But ultimately it's not mine or anyone else's decision to make. It's Wilson's event. We can complain all we want and if he wants to make a change to the rules he can, but ultimately they're his items up for grabs and how he wants to see it play out is his decision. We can only make suggestions and see if he will take them into consideration.

• Like 1

The only reason I haven't brought up the weapons is because skill and equips seems kind of synonyms to me. The best players own the best weapons and the most skill. That's why they have good weapons in the first place because they take the game seriously. Take away dark weapons and Ultima only weapons you still have lots of beastly weapons left over; which in the hands of the most skilled players will be a very similar result. Using all weapons is cool because it's subtle strategy. Which % you chose to add to your dark weapon, etc.

When pro did their TA event they gave everyone the same weapons. But even then you have different levels and class combinations.

Edited by Aiden Payne
  • Like 1

Lol Kajex :onion-head65:

"The best players own the best weapons and the most skill.That's why they have good weapons in the first place because they take the game seriously"

Not 100% true. Anyone can donate for a great weapon. Also just because some one owns a great weapon does not make them a great player or skilled.

Yeah i'm pretty sure most of us are aware of that tbh. I agree :onion-head69: