MASS-Changes: 'Item Banners'

Do not hesitate to leave comments below about this Topic with your ideas, because I personally would like to have some changes towards these Banners also. :onion88:

These Comments some Players make on Item Banners is just driving me Nuts with the amount of passion they put into it ^^. This Topic had to be done! :onion121:

So lets begin with what makes aimages.jpg?

Well basically a Banner is something to congratulate Players on the rare Item they have found such as Items with a High drop chance and how good the quality of this Item is and that's the basic explanation for it. However despite the fact that there's some people that might say otherwise, the people who complain that some Items do not deserve to have these Banners on them due to it being too easy to hunt or whatever ^^ :onion-head70:

Share you Ideas! :onion-head49:

About this Topic:

Well i just wanted to create this Topic to have a discussion about Item Banners now from what i'm hearing many players say things like "Oh 'Heavens Punisher' shouldn't even deserve to have it's own Banner! it's so easily found." and "Why the hell doesn't 'Psycho Wand' have it's own Banner...like epic rare much?!?" and "They should really put up Banners for all Event Items" However Banners such as for 'Red Ring' does deserve it's own Banner, I for one can understand that. Well anyway here's the list of reasons why there should be some changes towards certain things and what shouldn't have changes:

redbox12.gifReason #1:

1st of all the reason why 'Heavens Punisher' has it's own Banner is because this item is still! VERY rare, the reason why we find it so much is because of the gratitude from this server with providing us with Happy Hours! (Which is x3 Drop Rate) so you guys should be really grateful for those [GM's] to put this on for us so *Thumbs-Up* to that :onion-head11:. This goes towards the same as x3 Rare Mobs which this Weapon drops from the Hildertorr's which is a huge help in finding this weapon because lets be honest here would there really be many people out there with Millie Multerux's out there without those x3 Rare Mob boosts? just think about it. Furthermore no one really has the right to complain to [GM's] about 'Heavens Punisher' having a Banner so get over it. :onion108:

redbox12.gifReason #2:

2nd of all I DO! agree that 'Psycho Wand' should have Banner up there since this weapon is super rare to find just like the 'Heavens Punisher' but then again it's all thanks to the Happy Hours and x3 Rare Mobs since this weapon is from the Mil Lillies in Caves with that same drop rate as 'Heavens Punisher' at a total of 1;205, and yet again it doesn't have it's own Banner which does not make any sense what so ever! So yeah the [GM's] should really include that to be honest.

redbox12.gifReason #3:

3rd of all as for Event Items not all of them have their own Banners such as 'Asteron Striker' or 'Psycho Black Crystal' (To make 'Psycho Raven') or even the 'DF Shield' (To make 'From The Depths') I'm a little skeptical about this as well since they are rare Items also so they should also have their own Banners, whereas for 'DF Shield' it made sense to not give this one a Banner since this was not hard to find at all =P. But when we look at weapons such as 'Ultima Reaper' that wasn't even that difficult to find because me myself found 11 of them in total during that whole event which didn't even take that much time. So therefore it is a little weird how 'Asteron Striker' or 'Psycho Black Crystal' didn't have their own Banners which they were even harder to acquire than 'Ultima Reaper' which then again made no sense!

redbox12.gifReason #4:

4th of all there are some people who think that 'Red Ring' is too easy to find during Happy Hours and is a very mainstream hunt to many players on the server, so therefore it should not have a Banner. This in my opinion was a totally stupid thing to say since iv'e seen some players out there who don't even find one 'Red Ring' during the whole time of Happy Hour! just because you see that Banner show up often during Happy Hours does not mean it shouldn't have it's own Banner because it very well should due to it's rareness. So once again be very grateful towards these [GM's] guys trust me, if you were a player back in the day on 'Schthack Server' you will know exactly what I mean lol, hunting was tough as f*ck.

Red+Ring+Drop.png

Conclusion: :onion-head69:

Now as for my conclusion towards this here's the big question. If you are reading this I want you to think to yourself this one thing..."Do you think that you would have these same Items as you have as of Today if these [GM's] didn't show us the amount of Support & gratitude they give us from this Server??" So I want you guys to think about this a little bit and see how much these [GM's] mean to us.

Would we really have this much Power as of Today??

MASSFLOW.png

So do not forget to share what you have learned from this Topic and just think about it a little on your ideas towards this.

Kind Reguards: MASSBLADE ffvii_sephiroth_sprite_stance_by_jiyu_ji

Edited by massblade03
  • Like 1

Well Sealed-J Sword needs one

Yes very true and that's probably the most rare weapon on the server. (That 12K! lol) :onion-head86:

Copying and pasting from the GM thread, these were my suggestions for banners.

• Adept (From Shambertin)
  • Antidark ring (if we add it to the drops)
  • Asteron Striker
  • Black Psycho Crystal
  • Blood Sword
  • Book of Hitogata
  • Centurion Battle
  • Cladding of Epsilon
  • Galatine
  • Genpei
  • Girasole
  • Handgun Guld
  • Heaven Striker (Possibly? Or remove Heaven punisher from announcements. Heaven striker is worth more.)
  • Hylian Shield
  • Master Sword
  • Mercurius Rod (From Shambertin)
  • Nei's Claw
  • Psycho Wand
  • Prophets of Motav
  • Rianov SNR-5
  • Samurai Armor
  • Sealed J-Sword
  • Sorcerer's Arm
  • Zanba

There's a spoiler in there for a new item I want in the drops. ;)

Edit: I should clarify these are added banners. Red ring, Kroes, Heaven punisher, would all still have banners. Though I do think heaven punisher needs to be removed.

Edited by kajex
  • Like 3

=O oh wow so many and yeah they all seem appropriate to me. It's a very true thing when you said that Heavens Punisher should be replaced by Heavens Striker very good idea!

Copying and pasting from the GM thread, these were my suggestions for banners.

In my opinion the drop tables should be done first, then the banners. Most of the items, if not all, would still probably be suitable for a banner. However there are items on there that are unrealistic drop rates and some other items not on there that have too easy drop rates. If those rates are ever changed you mind find you have to rethink the list again, which like many of the ideas discussed for ultima will take months to happen. Also when I say unrealistic drop rates, I know these are close or better than what they were on the Sega servers or Schthack, but considering the average lifespan of ultima players is only a few months, a player would have to spend the entirety of those months just hunting 1 item, which no one is doing for items like SJS / PoM / BoH when you can pick up alternatives so easily.

• Like 2

But considering the average lifespan of ultima players is only a few months, a player would have to spend the entirety of those months just hunting 1 item, which no one is doing for items like SJS / PoM / BoH when you can pick up alternatives so easily.

YES! someone who actually has a very good outlook of what people are hunting and why they choose to do so, Kom I totally agree with what your saying that's a very good post. I have noticed this a very long time ago but I wasn't too sure if people knew about this or not the reason why i didn't include SJS in this topic was because I had no idea people even hunt that weapon!, I also didnt even know it had a Banner or not since I never get people comming up to me saying I'm going to hunt SJS today or I finally found SJS ^^ with that high drop rate of over 12K like... would you really spend your time hunting that shit like REALLY!?! I have one person in my Team who has this unstoppable drive to acquire that weapon, I will not mention his name but he inspires me so much with that determination running through him. I would do anything to help him out and get that SJS for free from me, but yet he always declines me even though I keep saying "Dude that Sword will never drop that drop rate is way! too high" even me having to say that he still continues to hunt it, and i even said I can simply just donate it for you if you are that desperate to get this weapon so much...the funny part is even for his birthday he said "Do not get me a SJS I will refuse to take it, I wouldn't even have the decency to take it off your hands" after that I just thought you know what ill let him have his own adventure, his own motivation for that game, his own goal to aim out and reach for.

We need banner for when someone gets banned...lol jkjk.

Some ideas:

Laconium Axe

Mother Garb+

Lame D'Argent

Girasole

Rambling May

Black Psycho Crystal

Sealed J-Sword

DF Shield

Sword of Ultima

Centurion/Battle

Zanbeacon.......lol

Maybe any weapon with 50+ or 60+hit untekked

• Like 2

yeah i agree with most of that list Cal nice post only things I do not agree with is the Zanbeacon hahaha :onion105: and oh yeah the centurion/battle is a very good idea also I forgot to mention that in the topic tbh. =O

We need banner for when someone gets banned...lol jkjk.

Some ideas:

Laconium Axe

Mother Garb+

Lame D'Argent

Girasole

Rambling May

Black Psycho Crystal

Sealed J-Sword

DF Shield

Sword of Ultima

Centurion/Battle

Zanbeacon.......lol

Maybe any weapon with 50+ or 60+hit untekked

These were not in my list for a reason:

Laconium Axe (Not an amazing weapon. However it is rare enough for a banner.)

Lame D'Argent (These drop often. It would be banner spam.)

Rambling May (Drop rate was 1/8... Banner spam in December.)

DF Shield (Drop rate was 1/8... Banner spam in December.)

Sword of Ultima (Until this weapon gets a boost, it's not very exciting.)

Zanbeacon.......lol (Drop rate was 1:1. That would be so funny.)

However, Mother Garb+ should probably be in my list. One other one we both missed was wizard resist.

• Like 1

It seems as though only the best Item for its type receives the banner, which i think is appropriate. Psycho wand is about all i can think of.

Edited by Aiden Payne
  • Like 1