Database Connection / Server Offline problem (2.13.2014)

Hey,

Bare with me as I try to explain, but I'm not able to get on, everytime I attempt to Start Game, it goes through it's typical patch search but then when I press enter, it stops and then says it can't connect to the server. I know there was a server problem earlier, but it seems to be online as of now, but I'm not able to get on there. When I went to the C-Panel earlier, it told me I was not connected to the database. Everything else is telling me things are fine, it's just the act of starting the game. Has anyone figured it out or am I missing something completely obvious? Thanks for any help guys.

Wolffe

If it's was related to the database issues it should be fixed today.

Are you running the online.exe as administrator?

Is there an online.pat file in your PSOBB folder?

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply. I am running the online.exe and I believe I am running it as an administrator. However, I only see the cPsOn.pat, cPsOw.pat, PsoBB.pat, and PsOBw.pat. I'm guessing I need the online.pat file...is there someway to get it? As far as it fixed today, it's the same issue. I've tried to get on just recently and it told me that it gave me an error code and told me the server must be down, but it is not.

What you can do is :

• Rename the PsoBB.exe to PsoBB_old.exe
  • And rename PsoBB.pat to PsoBB.exe then run that one.

Normally it shouldn't be done that way if you run it as admin though.

But it's possible the antivirus doesn't allow PSO to remove the old exe and replace it with the new one.

• Like 2

Well, I just decided I to click on the PsoBB.exe and go to it directly like that and it seemed that that got me past the 903 Error. It gave me I think a 913 Error which was that the server is full. I went under my antivirus according to the FAQ section and allowed all of them to be allowed accessed. For some reason it's just when I go through the Online.exe launch screen. I'll try again later and see if I still get the 913 Error. It seems like you think I shouldn't change the file names though unless absolutely necessary. I will let you know if I can get on after the 913 Error goes away. Thanks for all your help.