Hey, I'm new here and I'm loving the server! I am having a small problem though...in Seaside Area, I am experiencing tremendous LAG. It is a major slowdown and my FPS goes down to like 5 FPS it seems like. This only happens in Seaside area. I tried re-installing the client and changing resolution with no success.

I also have played this game on another server with no such lag in the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated with this issue!

Are you using a wireless connection? I used to have that issue, also lowering your graphics to the lowest might help. Did you just lower them to normal?

Yes, I am using a laptop. I don't see why I'd have to run on normal graphics when I play on high with no problems on SCHT. You had this exact problem? how did you resolve it?

Try downloading and installing Lee's no-fog patch, I think it works for the water texture in seaside too, although it will be real shiny looking from there on out. (but at least it will be less GPU intensive)

I also experienced alot of crashes in the teleport to seaside and the control center with all my characters a while back and setting my graphics to normal did the trick. (and I have the baddest AGP card ever will be made, the Sapphire HD3850, go figure... *sigh* )

Edited by Trigunman

Hey there,

If you don't want to download a patch, at the advance graphics settings on the launcher try placing it at pixel - something and reduce the graphics setting. Also this game has certain things that Schthack does not have. So the optimization is more harsh on the computer. Never the less try it and honestly, you won't notice a difference. :)

Im guessing you are using a Intel IGPU, what you can do to achieve more frames-per-sec is to use a lower resolution i.e 640x480/ 800x600 and ensure stuff like anti-aliasing/ antistrophic filtering is turned off in your graphics driver software. As Squish stated check in the options and make sure "Advance effect" is set unticked. If you are still experiencing problems use low resolution texture and frame skipping.