Character Development.

I have made a RAcast / HUcast / FOnewm and have started setting them up to the best of my knowledge (from what i use elsewhere etc).

Obviously I am not rich enough to afford anything right now however lets put that to the side. If I was able to get any gear what would the best set up be for each of these classes?

A brief list of Units/Frames/Weapons would be much appreciated. Also as to ultima server items could you specify the benefits of such items as I currently have no clue :)

All opinions appreciated, thanks.

edit: I also hear things about a meseta bank glitch??

Edited by -Spuz-

The only thing I can really help you with is the FOnewm, and that depends, are you trying to be a melee fo, a support fo, or a living nuke?

Gear wise. All of the above. ^^

Edited by -Spuz-

starting off.... the best u can use from shops and shit lmao..... just find someone nice to gear you up I did in the first 10 minutes of playing lol and I didn't even have to ask

I am not asking to be geared. I am asking what peoples opinions are on what the best gear for each class is,...

I can gear myself up...

I have made a RAcast / HUcast / FOnewm and have started setting them up to the best of my knowledge (from what i use elsewhere etc).

Obviously I am not rich enough to afford anything right now however lets put that to the side. If I was able to get any gear what would the best set up be for each of these classes?

A brief list of Units/Frames/Weapons would be much appreciated. Also as to ultima server items could you specify the benefits of such items as I currently have no clue :)

All opinions appreciated, thanks.

edit: I also hear things about a meseta bank glitch??

Hey there Spuz,

Since I have most of those classes, I shall try my best to advise you. Remember though, those are my personal take on gearing those classes.

RAcast:

Having the highest ATP and lowest ATA of the rangers, it's wise to center your gear on things to augment those strengths and weaknesses. Maxing the character is also a plausible endeavor.

In essence if you're talking about end - game gear these should prove useful:

Armor:

Wedding Dress (I am not going to say STA since it's Event only and unlikely someone will part with them, last I checked you can't donate for it either)

Barrier:

Red Ring - I would consider it a must, that ATA boost is one of the only things you can have that can raise it (besides ranger wall but RR is far more superior :P) in addition, having the extra stats everywhere kind of negate the need to use Luck Mats.

Weapons:

For this section I am going to divide them up, into two groups, these are:

Crowd Control/Utility:

Best things about Rangers is that they have weapons that allow them to crowd control. Being a cast makes that job a lot easier. Thing you will need are:

Frozen Shooter with decent hit. (Snow Queen is decent, but it's lack of combo makes it a very hit or miss weapon.)

Spread/Arrest Needle. (I would strongly recommend an Arrest needle, like very very strongly xD)

Hell Laser with decent hit (or any of the other weapons that maybe considered a luxury, like Yazzies, Asteron Striker, in essence, hell.)

Demon Yasminkovs (Make sure it's unreduced though if you're using a 900M, even then, it's pretty awesome with good hit)

Gush Yasminkovs (Really, only needed for solo play)

Zalure Gun (Really only needed for solo play)

Damage Dealing:

Damage is usually done to multiple groups, in other situations it might be wiser to use single target (up to you and your experience). These would include:

Arm type of weapon: Best being Dark Meteor (but I know how ridiculous it is to try and get one), other alternatives are Charge Arms (with good hit (Approx. 40 to 50 ) you can do LOTS of damage). Finally, Baranz Launcher. Cannon Rouge is decent while levelling with good hit as well.

Handgun type weapon: Best in this case would be a Heaven Striker, your ATP + the Zerk damage with the % it applies to can do lots of damage very quickly. The auto target is very decent as well. There aren't really any other alternatives since most others in essence are not that great to use.

Mechgun type weapon: Charge Yasminkov 9000M, being the most superior option (due to slight increase in ATA and ATP with rifle-ish range), you will need decent hit on it as well, I would say a minimum of 30. Other viable options are: Charge Vulcans, Psycho Ravens (would usually prefer this on a hunter) and Mille Marteux with good %s.

Non - Gun weapons: Those pesky lizards need to be taught a lesson, good thing though, hell does indeed work on them so an Ultima Reaper or S-Beats Blades will do the trick. Can't hell? Use Daylight Scars or Excalibur.

MAG:

I personally use a MAG that has 5/140/55/0. Just to max out the stats.

Units:

V101 (if you can't get Cent/Battle even though I consider it to be a hunter type unit rather than a ranger, to each his own.)

Cent/Abilities x 2 for the stat boosts.

V502 if you need to Hell, Arrest, etc. Depending on the quest, you may interchange it with a resist unit.

HUcast

There is no other words to describe this class, rather than being a beast. That ATP is ridiculous however the ATA is the lowest out of the hunter classes. Side note: Best pose of the game. :D

Armor:

See above.

Barrier:

See above

Weapons:

This is the most crucial bit, in essence you want most of your weapons to have hit however, most importantly it's very situational on what type of weapons to use. You will not be as great as a ranger in crowd control but it can be done (mostly HUcaseal though) but your damage output will far surpass anything in the game by a bit.

Utility/Crowd Control

This time I am going to group them by desired effect, rather than weapon choice:

Arrest: Arrest J-Cutter would be your best bet, multiple targets and possibly the real only way to effectively Arrest. Keep in mind though you will definitely need a 502 which means there is a high possibility that you will not have your stats maxed (except ATA). Other only real alternative is the Arrest Raygun with 50 hit or more, very situational and will only really be used on the occasional Hildebear/Mericarol (the green ones with the red flower xD).

Hell: Ultima Reaper still your best choice here, I can't really recommend the S-Rank variety because of the fact that it would have a lot less ATA (lack of hit, but alas no real experience with the S-Rank hell types on hunters so take that part with a grain of salt). You could also go for a Asteron Striker with GOOD hit (excellent for Seaside etc).

Demon: Demon S-rank works excellently, if not try a Demon Raygun with 50 hit or a Slicer of Fanatic.

Zalure: Any would work really, mostly solo play.

Damage Dealing:

Absolute favorite part when it comes to HUcast, those numbers are pretty awesome :D.

Sword - Type Weapon: As you may know, Dark Flow is the best in this section. Other alternative would be a TJS.

Handgun - Type Weapon: You can never, ever, go wrong with a Charge Raygun 50 hit. Couple that with a PB chain and honestly, nothing stands for long.

Mechgun - Type Weapon: Psycho Ravens, honestly, just Psycho Ravens. The amount of power that weapon has in the hands of a HUcast is just unnerving (you would really need to get to near max ATA to use it (max is 201, PR requirement is 200) Other alternative would be a Charge Vulcan (expect to miss quite a bit though).

"Single"Target Bladed Weapon: Possibly the best two candidates for this category are Excalibur (with hit and good % expect to see massive damage, remember to freeze though :D) and Daylight Scar. I included Excalibur here due to the fact it's categorized as a saber type.

Slicer: Diska of Braveman is awesome, and I recommend to rename it to, "Barba Ray Killer".

In case of Dark Flow: Any of the Lavis blade series and Girasole. Used to reduce HP for their Specials.

MAG:

I use a 5/124/71/0 MAG, that way I can try to get as much ATA as possible without gimping ATP.

Units:

V101/ Cent/Battle: Alright I have tried Cent/Battle on a HU class and it was pretty awesome. The real problem though you will need to compensate the power from mats. You will also find it a bit difficult to max ATA like that but you should have it at 200 to use PR.

Cent/Ability x 2

Smartlink: You need this.

In essence if you're going to Crowd Control you will possibly need:

V502

Adept: to try and max out ATA

Smartlink

Cent/Battle

FOnewm

Forces are probably one of the most versatile classes. Not in the sense that they're OP but they have quite a variety of roles they can fulfill; granted some are better suited for others, however when properly geared and experienced they can ALL play ALL the roles xD.

That being said though, there are multiple paths a FOnewm can take, being:

Support/Melee: This is one of those builds, where people go like wait a second, I thought FO's are Wizards and can Blast everything. I tell them no, 30 s/d + 30 j/z is just one of those things to negate that argument. Along with the fact that the monsters on Ultima have buffed resists on Ultimate. However, their ATA is an issue. So it's pretty difficult (read: expensive) to gear up.

Support/Demon: This is an advanced type of build, and will only work with very heavy investments into raising ATA over and beyond.

Support/Stun: Basically you support and attempt to stun enemies (making them flinch), especially useful on EP2 Giant Flowers, Lily types etc. Easiest to play, does not require much, but needs practice.

Nuking: I seriously, seriously don't recommend this in any Episode but 4 or when Solo-ing (which in essence is only 4). There is such a thing called damage cancel, so if you want to piss off the players doing possibly 1.3k more damage than you are, by all means, Nuke. xD. It does work Pre - Ultimate but then again, it doesn't take long to get there ^^.

Onwards to the gearing!

Armor:

It's MAINLY Wedding Dress end game, but you can use a Mother Garb + when Nuking (extra Grants damage). Unless they come up with an Armor that increases ATA over max stat value (Make it happen guys! :D) those are your real viable options end - game.

Barrier:

Let's face it, FOnewm have no bonuses to support techs (iirc). Depending on the build you might consider:

Resta Merge: That Resta range needs to be augmented and is part of any Support Build.

Hylian Shield: Alright... This shield is pretty powerful, not only does it have great Def and Evp, it also has the tech bonuses AND great EDK. This can be used when Nuking or when it is demanded to have high EDK (ROCT etc).

Red Ring: This is mostly only used with Support/Demon Builds but to be honest FOney's and FOmarls do it better (built in Resta range, so unless there is another Force OR they make a male weapon that increases range further than Solferino, I wouldn't really recommend it from the get - go).

Colored Barriers: As in blue, yellow, red, completely out shone and outclassed by the others above. Do have their uses though.

Weapons:

This section might be easier to digest if I grouped it by role. Remember the combination of weapons you will need, solely depends on the build you are going to use.

Support: Glide Divine (Jellen and Zalure Range), Striker of Chao (Shifta and Deband Range), Solferino (Resta Range). As you can see, Male FO's are pretty gimped with support (essential to ANY build) and require augmentation; you will need ALL 3 to support effeciently. If only there was a weapon that females can use that would could be made so that males can use (albeit change skins xD) that would be lovely.

Demon: Slicer of Fanatic with at least 40% hit or a Bringers Rifle with 50% hit. Only two real viable options. Demon Raygun can work, but... prepare to miss, a LOT.

Nuking: Psycho wand/bridge, Mercerius Rod for the Grants Boost. Demonic Fork for Megid Pierce. Twinkle Star/Summit Moon for Simple Tech Bonus.

Melee: You will understand why, it will be expensive (read tedious) to build this type of FO. The awesome weapons you can have are, and not limited to: Excalibur with 40 hit + (any lower and tbh you won't hit effeciently if at all with Special), Master Sword (IIRC FOnewms can use it) which is a great - sword type weapon with a TJS special that well, can be used quite well since most of the times you won't get PB 100 unless it's a long quest xD. Rainbow Baton (with RL slicers having a possibility of 3 50's (including HIT) it makes for great damage). Charge Raygun (nothing below 50 hit and don't expect to hit high EVP monsters with charge). Charge Gatlings/Vulcans with 50 hit (same principle as Raygun). Ultima Reaper can be used since it's a faster animation than Master Sword.

MAG

You will need 2 mags, for when you decide to Melee (Also includes Demon Support) or Nuke:

5/114/81/0

and

15/0/0/185

Units

V801 - Regardless of Build

V101 - Melee/Demon builds and needed to help max out ATP and ATA

Adept - Viable for any build

Smartlink - Only for Demon Builds or for when you're expecting to use a gun often.

Resist Units - Especially for ROCT.

Whew, that took a while, I do hope.. it helps.

Also some accounts have a meseta bug (about 1.8billion meseta I believe even more depending) but also means they can't really deposit anything into their common bank.

Edited by squish
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Squish. Though I wasn't expecting/needing a complete detailed post. Much appreciated. From what i gather it's pretty much the same as what I already have listed as my wants/planned to use. Just there is few things I am unsure about from your post. (Mainly Ultima server items).

Wedding Dress: Boosted Stats?

Red Ring: The level requirement on this server is ??

Psycho Raven: Stats/Special?

Psycho Bridge: Boosts?

Hymlan Shield: Boosts?

Ultima Reaper: Stats?

Master Sword: Stats?

Arrest Needle: This is a new needle I hear about and not an srank?

Yas Series: I am not quite sure what you mean by all these Yas with specials. I did find a thread which allowed you to swap no special weapons with PDs and such and add a special, is this what you are talking about??

STD: This means? (Yes I know what it means irl, funny)

Also not mentioned in your post but.... what's the stats on Kroe's Sweater?

For FOnewm nuking is there not an Ignition cloak to boost foie type damage? (Plus the other cloaks)

No three seals? :P

And also would it not be more wise to make Zalure Rifle instead of Gun for RAcast (since it's mainly for solo bosses, and rifle is more range) :P

Fonewm has no support tech boost indeed but it has GI/RA :)

edit: This is my list I have made myself before making this thread:

Note: This list might have a few bits unavailable or somthing. It also does not include any of the items asked about above as they are new to me. This list was compiled from my own knowledge from outside the server. If anything is unavailable please inform me :)
HUcast:
Arrest J-cutter
Arrest Raygun
Hell J-cutter
Hell Raygun
Yamigarisu / Jizai
Demon Mechguns / SoF
Zalure Gun
DF/ TJS
Red Sword / Zanba
Charge Raygun
Master Raven
Charge Vulcans
Excalibur
DoB
lk38
Anti-Dark Ring
RR
Smartlink
V101 / Cbattle
v502
RAcast:
Arrest Needle
Zerk needle / Charge Arms / Baranz Launcher
Iron Faust
Demon Needle
Demon Mechguns
Hell Needle
Hell Laser
Zalure Rifle
Heaven Striker
Charge Vulcans
Excalibur
Dark Meteor....
Cannon Rouge
Frozen Shooter
Snow Queen
lk38
Anti-Dark Ring
RR
v101 / Cbattle
v502
FOnewm:
Striker of Chao
Glide Divine
Solferino
Twinkle Star / Summit Moon
Magical Piece
Psycho Wand
Dark Bridge...
Demonic Fork
Mercurious Rod
SoF
Bringers Rifle
Excal
Rainbow Baton
Soul Eater
Charge Vulcans
Master Raven
Blue/Yellow/Red/ Yin Yang Merges
Three Seals
Anti-Dark Ring
RR
Igni / Congeal / Zonde type? Cloaks
v801
Smartlink
v101 / Cbattle
v502
Note: Other unit's such as Adepts, C/Ab etc & Mag stats I have not listed as the amount I use on each character will depend on the mat plan I use. I am pretty much sorted here but don't want to implement my plans into action without 1st considering all server items. Just Basing this on gear atm.

Any other opinions would be appreciated :)

Edited by -Spuz-

It's no problem, anyone else can benefit from it.

Wedding Dress: Yes boosted, best armor available other than STA

RR is 152.

Psycho Raven: Special is a pierce type. Stats, well, much stronger than any mech gun around.

Psycho Bridge: 65% Boost iirc to Ra techs.

Hylian Shield: Increases Raz (30%?), Raf (? 60%) and Grants (? 80%) by various degrees. Not sure of the exact number.

Ultima Reaper: 666 ATP and unreduced Hell. Any class can use it.

Yas: well, there is a mini event where you can add random specials to it, by giving a GM 20 pds. It is Mio's event.

STA not STD, Sonic Team Armor. The best armor in the game. Hands down.

Kroes only used by female's. So I didn't mention it.

It's no problem, anyone else can benefit from it.

Wedding Dress: Yes boosted, best armor available other than STA

RR is 152.

Psycho Raven: Special is a pierce type. Stats, well, much stronger than any mech gun around.

Psycho Bridge: 65% Boost iirc to Ra techs.

Hylian Shield: Increases Raz (30%?), Raf (? 60%) and Grants (? 80%) by various degrees. Not sure of the exact number.

Ultima Reaper: 666 ATP and unreduced Hell. Any class can use it.

Yas: well, there is a mini event where you can add random specials to it, by giving a GM 20 pds. It is Mio's event.

STA not STD, Sonic Team Armor. The best armor in the game. Hands down.

Kroes only used by female's. So I didn't mention it.

I meant what stats does wedding dress boost? Like does it effect ata or anything in the same ways as rr? What are the new Wedding Dress Stats.

Alright, I thought I saw Mios mini-event, Not sure how long that will last though and how long it will take before I can afford this kinda thing but hey, I will defo keep that in mind.

Ahh STA lmao.

Oh, Kroes is female only. Oh well.

Also I edited a few other questions into that post which either you missed or I edited after your post. If you know anything about them also :3 Thanks for the info so far Squish :3

Also I edited my last post to have my 'list' previous to this thread. Would you mind taking a peek just to see if there is anything unobtainable on this server etc ? :)

Edited by -Spuz-

No stats, just DFP and EVP and some resistances. It's also a range in terms of stats. Max is like 460+ Def and 500+ Evp or something like that. needless to say it's pretty strong.

I believe most of those can be.. obtained. Looks decent will need to take a closer look eventually.

RR is 152.

Unless Larva changed it back, I think the requirement is a lot higher on ultima ( somewhere 190+ ish) iirc.

No stats, just DFP and EVP and some resistances. It's also a range in terms of stats. Max is like 460+ Def and 500+ Evp or something like that. needless to say it's pretty strong.

I believe most of those can be.. obtained. Looks decent will need to take a closer look eventually.

Alright. For now anyways I am using lower substitutes of this list (what I can find hunt etc), Until I can either afford or find these. It's just a list to be obtained. I will have to add the Ultima items to the list :)

Well, I will look into several frames for HU/RA as their are a few frames that do different things other than dfp/eva. What lvl Requirement is Wed Dress? ::3

Well, the gear mentioned was mostly for end game. :D Dw one day when you're ready and capable we can hunt WDs in ROCT :D. Regardless, the level requirement is 192.

Remember though, with utility Frames such as BOVN etc, you will find that you will lack resistances, that's a major issue when it comes to end tier quests. Work on it though, and I will help as much as possible.

RR MIN 150 DFP

RR MAX 235 DFP

WD MIN 408 DFP IDK EVP XD

WD MAX 508 DFP 284 EVP

Psycho Bridge 75% rafoie and razonde 95% Rabarta

Hylian Shield (according to Kajex) 75% rafoie and razonde 100% grant

Edited by Riot-