I've noticed a surge of rollback requests, and it has me a little concerned.

Is it known what causes these accounts to become glitched? Is anything being done to try to fix it? It seems like a lot of time/effort could be saved on both the players and GMs end if these issues are fixed.

I know that we should keep updated screenshots of our inventories, but besides that are there any real preventive measure we can take to avoid glitched characters? Are there certain actions that are associated with getting bugged accounts?

I'm lucky I haven't gotten bugged characters in all the time I've been playing here, but I pray it stays that way.

Edited by Nessly

well... every time i got a dc (im lucky that not while in bank) is because my brother (or sister or both) are using all the broadband watching videos at full res so... i think if that's the issue, there's no way to fix it, unless you have a super internet connection! xDD

• Like 2

Hey there,

This is my own opinion developed through research on the issue; it can be true or false.

Result:

It might be related to the items being dropped themselves, for example the inventory ghost item, where it appears you have 29/30 items but in essence you're full when it comes to the server; so when you pick up a certain item, you disconnect, and equipping it sometimes causes it to bug out. That could be due to the connection to the server. A bit of research on error messages and previous SEGA forums error reports has shed some light to that. In addition one speculation was that the people that drop and pick up items very quickly increase the likelihood of being bugged, this seems to be true to some extent, everyone has a variable connection to the server, dropping an item on the ground uploads it to the server but what happens when the item hasn't finished uploading or rather uploaded incorrectly and the other person picks it up?

Case in point:

When I got bugged, it was due to a charge gatling I was trading a PD for. I disconnected upon picking it up; and the person I was trading with informed me to bypass that, you deposit it and a few items etc into the bank, then get it out. Boom, inventory bug.

The fat HUmar bug is a bug that seems to occur due to a certain corruption occurring with the database in relation to that specific file. That could be caused by anything and any server can have that issue (certain item in a database being corrupted).

In essence, only thing you can really do to safe guard anything is to take constant screenies and be patient, don't pick up items too fast and avoid being at 29/30 inventory space (as in, when you just drop and pick up another item). Remember: change blocks often, very often, after trades, after any game.

Thats all I can think of lol. Hopefully someone else can shed some more light into it.

• Like 1

Personally I'm leaning towards internet connection and server desync being a major player in what causes some of the bugs. It may be there are multiple causes for variations of bugs that happen, including specific items getting corrupted and invisible items. So far using the change blocks option often to resync to the server has kept me ok, and fixes the issue where I pick up a regular item and it says "Name has picked up a unique item!" which seems to be related to desync since it's only occurred after long periods of play with no resyncing.

• Like 1

Well... that's a good develop squish.... i have a rollback done in my list, after it, i take screenshots every time i get a good item or my bank gets various!! ...but i didnt know the resync "trick" with the blocks! ..i'll do it often!