Excal Overrated

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is Excalibur overrated?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? It's garbage in comparison to my DF.

Hey there,

It's a Saber, so MOST classes can use it (Actually I think the only class that doesn't use it is FOney), add that with 800 so atp and decent ATA it makes a good weapon for Melee FO's (especially with hit) and Satellite Lizards for Ranger.

HUcast and an Excali with Zerk does crazy damage. You can easily crit for numbers like 2.6k etc.

Being a Saber it also has a fast animation, couple a v101 or whatever and you find yourself, hitting fast.

It can also target 3 mobs at one time. Zerk is also influenced by % on that weapon as well.

When comparing to other weapons, there isn't much that can be used by almost all your characters, rocking decent damage and hits multiple targets.

Hey there,

It's a Saber, so MOST classes can use it (Actually I think the only class that doesn't use it is FOney), add that with 800 so atp and decent ATA it makes a good weapon for Melee FO's (especially with hit) and Satellite Lizards for Ranger.

HUcast and an Excali with Zerk does crazy damage. You can easily crit for numbers like 2.6k etc.

Being a Saber it also has a fast animation, couple a v101 or whatever and you find yourself, hitting fast.

It can also target 3 mobs at one time. Zerk is also influenced by % on that weapon as well.

When comparing to other weapons, there isn't much that can be used by almost all your characters, rocking decent damage and hits multiple targets.

I've thought of that, but the issue is, most instances in which I see people wanting it, it's hunters. It's just weird how people go skyly specifically for that one weapon.

Excalibur is one of those weapons that is famous yet easily to get. Strong, fast, and hits multiple targets. What more can you ask for?

The issue I find is that there are too many people making skyly characters specifically to hunt it. That doesn't help ID diversity, especially when there are items I want that my IDs can't get.

Problem is, skyly is a great ID for hunters, it's specifically made for them, since you can get sjs, chain sawd, etc. If you're looking for only Excalibur, your best bet is actually whithil from kondrieu on happy hour I have found loads there and specifically with hit. Oran would be a more useful ID for Excalibur if it's the only drop they want since they can get v502s etc. It's kind of like people making pinkal for force stuff etc. While I agree there needs to be a variety of IDs, most older members have lots of characters with almost all the IDs. I just combed my friend list on pso, realized I have only got 2 or 3 people whom are skyly. And my friend list is full lol.