MAG 101: A Beginner's guide.

squish

I still highly disagree with making the mag Kaitabha, even though you were just using it as an example. It's a bad example, because it feeds really badly and using it as example suggests people should use that evolution, which is the worst of the three feeding groups for level 50 mags. It is much much better to evolve at level 50 to an ila mag with viridia skyly purple red yellow hunter dex>pow>mind for pow mags.

Asparas, Vayu, Varaha, Ushasu, Kama, Kaitabha, Kumara, Bhirava feeds at

Dimates : +2 sync 0 iq +11 pow -10 mind 0 dex 0 def

Difluids: +2 sync 0 iq -10 pow +11 mind 0 dex 0 def

Antidote: +2 sync -1 iq -5 pow -5 mind +16 dex -5 def

Antiparal: -2 sync +3 iq -3 pow -3 mind 0 dex +7 def

Moon: +3 sync 0 iq -20 pow +21mind +5 dex -5 def

Sol: +4 sync -2 iq +21 pow -20 mind -5 dex +5 def

whereas

Ila, Garuda, Sita, Soma, Durga, Nandin, Yaksa, Ribhava feeds at

Dimates : 0 sync +1 iq +16 pow -15 mind 0 dex 0 def

Difluids: 0 sync +1 iq -15 pow +16 mind 0 dex 0 def

Antidote: 0 sync +1 iq -6 pow -5 mind +6 dex +5 def

Antiparal: -1 sync +1 iq -4 pow -10 mind +14 dex 0 def

Moon: +2 sync 0 iq -20 pow +21 mind +5 dex -10 def

Sol: +4 sync -1 iq +17 pow -15 mind -5 dex +4 def

This is just plain better. The synchro is less important than the IQ and makes a lot of gains before 50 already, often maxing or near enough. Even though it appears kaitabha gains 2 more dex than ila, you don't have to tank the IQ while doing so and save yourself from having to constantly alternate to another food that gives it IQ but nothing for stat gains, thus actually being faster to raise dex. It is also significantly faster to raise the power and mind as well, 16 vs 11, which also gains the much more valuable IQ while doing so. If a person does want to raise synchro after, then ila still does it better because sol atomizers lose less iq and gain less def while doing so, and moon atomizers lose much more def to lower def when necessary. The ila feeding group is simply better than the kaitabha feeding group in every important aspect and feeds significantly faster, with nearly 50% more gain from dimates/difluids and ~15% more on dex gains when you factor in feeding an extra antiparalysis to regain IQ. Even the third feeding group (which usually isn't obtained at 50 because there is no dex>other stat evolutions for) which feeds similar to the kaitabha group is arguably better, because of its moon atomizer gains of +2 IQ +20 pow +5 dex, even though it doesn't have good ways to increase dex a lot.

Edit: I had to make this detailed post about this because I wanted to refer someone who wanted to know how to raise a mag to this guide, but after I went to check up, I could not in good conscience do so while the section that is literally titled How to Make a Mag, which should be a good suggestion of how people could do so, contains this error of using the worst feeding group possible for part of it. I told you not to use that for several reasons; it's much slower, it tanks the iq down to nothing, and it's needlessly confusing and much more complicated for people to understand why they have to use the two different foods, especially without any visual representation of what those foods do. This is an excellent guide about mags for sure; sorry to be so critical but I still just can't refer people to the guide for 'how to make a mag' as long as that is in there.

What you said is all true, however there are a few qualms I have about it:

1) The "How to make a MAG part" refers to an example that can be used that ties up the previous knowledge on the section IDs etc which is why I took it from another post after the authors permission and added a few things to cause less confusion. That method was tried and true and therefore I used it to clarify what is meant by each subsection. This wasn't a guide specifically on making a Sato, it's for people to understand how MAGs work.

2) Changing MAGs from one character to another (especially if you are new and don't have many characters) increases the risk of it bugging out especially at the 99 feed (or any odd feed for that matter), this has happened to me at least 4 times with 4 previous Satos. Let me clarify on that point, at 99 you WILL have to switch characters for it if you start off with a hunter, well and good, if you switch from a ranger then to a hunter etc, it bugs out (level and stats wise). Keeping it on one character decreases that (even then keeping it on hunters throughout bugged the Ila for me). Ila is a great MAG to feed into Sato, my personal experience on it is that since using Ila's I have asked GMs to fix it for me, multiple people have issues with Ila and I had no issues with Kathaiba. (12 Total Satos, 4 Ila's all bugged for me).

3) While Synchro and IQ are not as important (well mostly Synchro) I added that part to clarify a concern someone had through feeding the Antidotes and Anti-paralysis.

You were not being critical, you were being constructive and I am glad this post is being used as a reference of some sorts, I just also need to clarify a few things. Thank you Saith for your input.

Wow, i definitely will have to try Ila soon instead of Kaitabha for making satos. That dimate feeding from 50 to 100 on kaitabha is brutal. Although the dimate feeding on sato's are brutal too compared to Nidras.

What i ususally do for Sato is

Mag lvl 5 (antidotes) --> Kalki lvl 10 (antidotes) --> Mitra lvl 35 (antipara)--> "Switch to greenil Ramarl at level 49" Kaitabha lvl 50 (Dimates)

• 1 year later...

Heyo!

I know Ultima has different 'max stats' than other versions of the game. I've heard people create mags based on how their stats max. How can I figure out what levels I need to use for each character of mine? Also... shouldn't my stats max WITHOUT a MAG at level 200, given the right materials?

Thanks!

-Matt

• 7 months later...

Question. I've been feeding my mag on my force and then I switched him to a hunter before I evolved it. On the guide I looked at it said it would evolve into one type of mag if it was on a hunter, and what I ended up with was an Ila (which, I thought was what was supposed to happen only if I evolve it on the force). Why did that happen? I'm very confused. I worry that I'll get it to 100 and I won't actually end u with Sato as I'm expecting (by swiching him to a different character at lvl 99).

Question. I've been feeding my mag on my force and then I switched him to a hunter before I evolved it. On the guide I looked at it said it would evolve into one type of mag if it was on a hunter, and what I ended up with was an Ila (which, I thought was what was supposed to happen only if I evolve it on the force). Why did that happen? I'm very confused. I worry that I'll get it to 100 and I won't actually end u with Sato as I'm expecting (by swiching him to a different character at lvl 99).

Ila is the evolution for hunters of id Viridia Skyly Purplenum Redria and Yellowboze with Dex>Pow>Mind, I often use that evolution to get twins pb since Ila is in a nice feeding group as well. You will still get Sato at 99-100 if you move it to a Fonewearl/Fomarl of Viridia Blueful Redria Whitill with Def+Dex=Pow+Mind stat balance.

Ila is the evolution for hunters of id Viridia Skyly Purplenum Redria and Yellowboze with Dex>Pow>Mind, I often use that evolution to get twins pb since Ila is in a nice feeding group as well. You will still get Sato at 99-100 if you move it to a Fonewearl/Fomarl of Viridia Blueful Redria Whitill with Def+Dex=Pow+Mind stat balance.

I see that. However, on this particular Mag the stats were Mind>Dex>Pow. So, I was (and still am) very confused as to how it ended up an Ila.

I see that. However, on this particular Mag the stats were Mind>Dex>Pow. So, I was (and still am) very confused as to how it ended up an Ila.

Well like cyane said you should reload the block (or log off and back on) to make sure the mag actually is what it appears to be. Sometimes there can be some desync between what the client shows you the mag is and what the server thinks it is. Some more details would help in figuring out what's going on maybe.

Well like cyane said you should reload the block (or log off and back on) to make sure the mag actually is what it appears to be. Sometimes there can be some desync between what the client shows you the mag is and what the server thinks it is. Some more details would help in figuring out what's going on maybe.

Well, this was a while ago and I've been in multiple blocks since then.

The mag began on a Pinkal FOnewm, and I swapped it to a Skyly HUcast to evolve it. It evolved into Ila. I can't be sure on the stats but I'm pretty sure it was 38 MIND, 7 DEX, 5 DEF. Or something very close to that. Way more MIND than DEX or DEF.

Well, this was a while ago and I've been in multiple blocks since then.

The mag began on a Pinkal FOnewm, and I swapped it to a Skyly HUcast to evolve it. It evolved into Ila. I can't be sure on the stats but I'm pretty sure it was 38 MIND, 7 DEX, 5 DEF. Or something very close to that. Way more MIND than DEX or DEF.

You must be mistaken because those are impossible mag stats...

You must be mistaken because those are impossible mag stats...

Oh I'm positive I'm mistaken. In fact, if you look at the quote I specifically said I'm not sure on the mag stats. I'm just sort of guessing based upon what I was going for and where I am at now with the mag. My point is, I had much more MIND than DEX, and only a little DEF at the time. I thought that was kind of how it went. Mind>Dex>Pow. Which, absolutely was the case regardless of the stats.

Edited by Kyle Barta