How to Make a Donation

Cal_Unbreakable

PSOBB Ultima: How to Make a Donation

Step by Step process by MM

I know a lot of people have donated before and know how to do it, I made this guide to show the people that are new to the server on how to donate and receive your items that you've donated for. I have posted a lot of screen shots in this topic and you will notice black spray paint, i like to call this "PFI" which is "Protected Forum Information" meaning I blocked off all information leading to people's guild cards, in-game names and also forum names even url's. The Red marks are key points to donating and easing your way through the donation process, enjoy!

1.) There are two ways you can go once you get to the forums and are in the pictured and circled as you can see...if you click on the circled icon on the top left; this is link to the items that you can donate for (not all items are listed since it is incomplete still) If you already know what you want and the price of it, the link on the right that that is circled is a Direct link to Paypal.

ahvu.jpg

2.) In this example, I have chosen to take the long way by clicking the Item List Donation that was on the top right from the previous step just to show a more detailed process. Here, on the next part of the picture below is a list of the items you can donate for, there are a quite of few items you can get for a donation. If you don't see an item and you want to donate for it, you can always PM Larva about the price of the item. Once you see something that you want then continue to the next part which is circled :)

f9aq.jpg

3.) The next screen will brief you on the donations and how they are for ONLY FOR KEEPING THE SERVER ALIVE. Click on the Donate button that circled for you to continue :D

xkr4.jpg

4.) On the left side is an option for a credit card payment. If you already have an account you can use the left side and put in the amount you're donating for and sign in below it. Note: if you want a paypal account then sign up at http://www.paypal.com . Put in you information and continue.

hqim.jpg

5.) The next screen below is telling what you already did and will ask you to continue if the amount is correct. If you agree, then click the Donate button that I have circled for you.

dmv3.jpg

6.) Once you get past the previous screen, it will say that your donation is complete and will give you a confirmation number/unique ID, you need to copy this. You can also review the donation.

7jof.jpg

7.) In the next step, you will PM (private message) a Larva and add one of the GM's (game managers/masters) to the conversation so they can discharge your items after Larva approves it. But once you locate Larva's profile you can send him a message with the subject "Donation" and in the message you will put your confirmation/Unique ID, items donated for, Guild Card # and slot. Then you will send the message. Don't forget to add a GM to the conversation.

avdn.jpg

8.) Then finally, you will add a "GM" to the conversation. This can be done by checking your messages and clicking on the message that was sent containing the confirmation number/Unique ID. Once you click on it, there will be an option to add a participant to the conversation which i have circled for you. Type in the GM name after you click the ADD button if you know who it is. GM's Chuk, Kajex, Protoss, Xceptional and Serverus. That way they know to keep an eye out if they see you in-game to redeem your donations after Larva approves it via PM.

95kw.jpg

What's next? How do i get my stuff? You will wait patiently until the GM's PM you back confirming you Donation. You can either get your items in-game from them (their names will are in blue) or if you have listed your Guild and Slot #'s in the PM like i showed you too, you can get them this way too, but for this option you have to be offline for Chuk or Larva to put it in your inventory. Chuk and Larva are the only GM's that put items in to your inventory offline. Then they will confirm when they have put it in your inventory via PM and will ask you to confirm that you got it.

This is really easy, if you have any suggestions about his post let me know.

Edited by Michael Mann
  • Like 4

I loooove the MS Paint job haha. Couple of edits and suggestions:

• Step 2 - Just because it's not in the list doesn't mean you can't donate for it. If what you want isn't in the list, you can send a PM to larva asking for a price.
  • Step 7 - Always PM larva. Sending a PM to a GM won't do any good until larva has approved of your donation. None of us can see for sure that the donation has come through. Once larva indicates that the donation has been received, any GM can hand out the donated items.
  • Side note on step 8... Only chuk adds your items to your inventory while you are offline. Serverus, Xceptional, Protoss, myself, and any other GM will only redeem in game. I'm not special enough to have write access to edit people's inventory. ;) Only chuk does that.
  • Like 1

I loooove the MS Paint job haha. Couple of edits and suggestions:

• Step 2 - Just because it's not in the list doesn't mean you can't donate for it. If what you want isn't in the list, you can send a PM to larva asking for a price.
  • Step 7 - Always PM larva. Sending a PM to a GM won't do any good until larva has approved of your donation. None of us can see for sure that the donation has come through. Once larva indicates that the donation has been received, any GM can hand out the donated items.
  • Side note on step 8... Only chuk adds your items to your inventory while you are offline. Serverus, Xceptional, Protoss, myself, and any other GM will only redeem in game. I'm not special enough to have write access to edit people's inventory. ;) Only chuk does that.

My bad, I wasnt sure if it was okay to put anybodys name on here, I will go ahead and add those things when I get home in the morning. Thanks kajex :D

My bad, I wasnt sure if it was okay to put anybodys name on here, I will go ahead and add those things when I get home in the morning. Thanks kajex :D

Quick tip. If we don't want our name on something, we can edit it out. hehe.

Don't worry about using our names, if the staff team would change we can easily edit it ^^

Larva can also add items ingame when the user is offline but I'm the one doing it mostly.

Perhaps also add the amount of the donation in the PM, it helps us with the calculating.

Nice guide, looking forward to seeing more of those.

Edit: Added to the navigation thread.

Edited by chuk

Quick tip. If we don't want our name on something, we can edit it out. hehe.

Don't worry about using our names, if the staff team would change we can easily edit it ^^

Larva can also add items ingame when the user is offline but I'm the one doing it mostly.

Perhaps also add the amount of the donation in the PM, it helps us with the calculating.

Nice guide, looking forward to seeing more of those.

Edit: Added to the navigation thread.

Just trying to be polite, that's all. I just edited it so everything is there but i might need to change the screenshots and use a wacom tablet xD