Frequent Error 100's

Foxen

Could you try the game on another computer in the same network

and/or

Try it on the same computer but in another network

We need to pinpoint the problem before we can solve it.

I believe i may be able to do so on another computer on the same network, ill try that.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so my guess is there must be something on your network that interrupts the packets, perhaps a wrong router configuration or your ISP being funny. Do you have access to another network where you are? ( Like the neighbor's unsecured wifi lol )

And do you have problems with any other online application/game on that network?

Ok so my guess is there must be something on your network that interrupts the packets, perhaps a wrong router configuration or your ISP being funny. Do you have access to another network where you are? ( Like the neighbor's unsecured wifi lol )

And do you have problems with any other online application/game on that network?

Unfortunately i don't have access to another network, and as far as i can recall, no, i dont have any other issues with other applications or games.

In your router can you go to Advanced>Diagnostics>System Logs, and enable remote logging, then run the syslog daemon from this site http://www.mikrotik.com/archive.php

If there is a problem on the router's end, we should be able to see what it is this way.

http://pastebin.com/HPR9krBS that is my syslog. I'm still trying to figure out just what to do with the program though.

EDIT: Fatal Error: Unable to load funtion: FT_Thunk (KERNAL32.dll) when trying to run Mt_syslog.exe

Edited by Foxen

Sorry, I wasn't sure if your router would require it or not, but it seems not.

1. Nov 11 13:40:49 Severity: daemon.info Process: /sbin/init[1]
  2. Message: Application terminated:nice -n 5 dnsmasq -o --keep-in-foregroun
that is the only thing that really stands out to me. Yet... if you've disconnected from PSO more than once during the period of these logs, I'm inclined to believe it is something else.
Is your router firmware up to date?

Ok we'll need to look closer into the packets, so what I'd like you to do is :

• Download wireshark (it's a network packet capturing software)
  • Select your interface
  • Start capturing when you start the PSOBB client
  • Stop capturing a little moment after the disconnection
  • Save the logs and share them

( look up a quick tutorial on how do this, it looks complicated but it's really not)

Edited by chuk

Sorry, I wasn't sure if your router would require it or not, but it seems not.

1. Nov 11 13:40:49 Severity: daemon.info Process: /sbin/init[1]
  2. Message: Application terminated:nice -n 5 dnsmasq -o --keep-in-foregroun
that is the only thing that really stands out to me. Yet... if you've disconnected from PSO more than once during the period of these logs, I'm inclined to believe it is something else.
Is your router firmware up to date?

I'm not sure if i have within the last two days I will test twice and redo the logs and see if that appears twice. As for the firmware, it says that it doesn't need an update so i assume that it is up to date.

Ok we'll need to look closer into the packets, so what I'd like you to do is :

• Download wireshark (it's a network packet capturing software)
  • Select your interface
  • Start capturing when you start the PSOBB client
  • Stop capturing a little moment after the disconnection
  • Save the logs and share them

( look up a quick tutorial on how do this, it looks complicated but it's really not)

Logged in with callista, entered one person room and entered the forest, shot one box and picked up meseta, alt tabbed and waited for 4-5 minutes for disconnect, shot 4 boxes with no items and fed mag before disconnect. Closed game shortly after dc. Using Skype for voice chat during this time. I'm not sure if i did it right, but here http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/467989/PSOBB-Ultima-Server-packet-log-pcapng.html