SJS drop rate ever going to be fixed?

i dont think its that bad , i mean look at neis claw (real) now thats high xD

it actually makes sjs more valuable ^_^

alot more poeple would have sjs if that was the case , i honestly think it should remain like this

I agree with you that it should be fixed however one thing to put into consideration is the fact that ithere is a such a thing called "Happy Hour" on this server which essentially triples the drop rate. If it were 1/12603 like it used to be tripling that drop rate would actually make it become 1/4201. By making it into 1/26596 it can accommodate "Happy Hour" (the rate would be 1/8865) without making the drop THAT much easier. Happy Hour happens pretty often.

The drop chart is also including the drop anything rate (DAR). See topic here:

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/9785-the-drop-rates-on-the-new-chart

A lot of drops "appear" to be lower than before, but most of them are the same as our old drop rates. Most notably, heaven striker appears impossible to get now. It's the same drop rate that it always has been, but now includes the DAR calculations in the drop table.

Chuk explanation from that thread:

I know it might seem like a shock to some of you guys, but with this you can accurately know your statistical chance of getting a drop during hunting.

A small (fictive) example :

if a hildebear has a RT drop of 1/10 to drop a varista, it would show up as a 1/10 on the old droptable.

The new droptable now includes the chance of a hildebear dropping an item(= the DAR) + the chance of that item being the rare varista(=the RT drop).

So lets say the hildebear has a DAR of 80, you need to divide the RT by the DAR/100 and thus (1/10)/(80/100) = 1/12.5 real droprate.

Hope it explains it a bit.

Edited by kajex

You have a higher chance of getting salmonella from eggs, than your chance of SJS to drop.

you are quite right...

• Like 1

a problem is not a droprate, is a low price with donation ;)

yeah I have taught of that before, I will have to remove the item from donation just to make things more fare.

instance of making the drop easier I think we can add one more drop for this weapon. on a different ID / Monster

• Like 1

yeah I have taught of that before, I will have to remove the item from donation just to make things more fare.

instance of making the drop easier I think we can add one more drop for this weapon. on a different ID / Monster

in that case I motion for pinkal or oran cause their ep1 n 2 drops suck.

1/220 Purplenum HIldetorr? ;D

because a lot of the time the rates you think you knew where calculated from either

A. the gamecube files

B. or where guesstimates based on item excavations from users (lol psoworld).

That being said since i don't know how vanilla the files in use actually are since alot of drops where changed a long time ago. There is also the chance chuk messed up something in his code probably unlikely but i check some things if i get time.

Edited by Lee

because a lot of the time the rates you think you knew where calculated from either

A. the gamecube files

B. or where guesstimates based on item excavations from users (lol psoworld).

That being said since i don't know how vanilla the files in use actually are since alot of drops where changed a long time ago. There is also the chance chuk messed up something in his code probably unlikely but i check some things if i get time.

Thank you. This is really the only goal I have left aside from getting a LV 200, but with a 1/27000 drop rate, there really isn't much incentive to even try to go after it. If it really did take me 27,000 kills, I'd be looking somewhere in the neighborhood of 600+ hours.......which is like more than all the game i play put together :onion-head75: