Time Attack Leaderboard

TA leaderboard  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should this server have a time attack leaderboard

• Yes
    • No

It's got to the stage where i think its 100% necessary for this server to have a leader board. It's obvious people dont pay much attention to the "Official" Time Attack threads so i think that having an automatically updated leader board is essential. I've asked a number of people and they also agree, hopefully this poll gives good readings.

• Like 1

Simple :

foreach stage in ta_stages:
    print stage + ': Sylph';

But on a serious note, yeah it wouldn't be too bad.

• Like 3

It's got to the stage where i think its 100% necessary for this server to have a leader board. It's obvious people dont pay much attention to the "Official" Time Attack threads so i think that having an automatically updated leader board is essential. I've asked a number of people and they also agree, hopefully this poll gives good readings.

I totally agree brotha! That would be decent and challenging. You have my vote ;)

Edited by MrHucast

I'm just saying: you're going to feed so many hungry egos with an idea like this. Leaderboards, while not necessarily a bad idea because they encourage competition amongst players, are really nothing more than laying down stakes for bragging rights. The luck of the hunts is enough already. Think about it, how many people on this server, when they find a really good drop, will return to the lobby and immediately start bragging about it? What if one of those people had an excuse to brag in the long term?

Again, not a bad idea, but think of the negatives to this sort of thing as well.

• Like 1

I would pay to see this done. It would be nice if it had the top 5 or 10 times for each quest. Of course some quest aren't timed, so idk how that would work. It should also have which class they used listed. I don't think it would really feed egos. Think about it. The people who currently have the best times for a lot of quests you never hear in lobby bragging. I've never heard Sylph brag lol. The people who brag are the ones who THINK they're good. Then they will release they aren't good when they can't get their names on the leaderboard. For real though, there is no down side. It encourages veterans to do something other than AFK in lobbies. They get more rare items doing these time attacks, that goes into the economy and everyone wins. Additionally it will bring the community TOGETHER to do runs together to try to get better times. More people running will mean more people will be optimizing runs, and since runs are more optimized and more people are playing, more event drops happen which is better for the economy etc etc etc.

• Like 2

Well if you take bragging about a game as seriously then that's a personal problem it seems. Me in the other hand I enjoy it, challenging. Pushing to see if you can cut down any extra minutes in a quest. I sometimes solo quest. It just gives something to people to look forward to than to lobby whore or be bored out of your mind. All people do is either spam cca, or just gear hoard.. It gets extremely boring. People in here rarely cmode.. I say it's a idea to consider

I would pay to see this done. It would be nice if it had the top 5 or 10 times for each quest. Of course some quest aren't timed, so idk how that would work. It should also have which class they used listed. I don't think it would really feed egos. Think about it. The people who currently have the best times for a lot of quests you never hear in lobby bragging. I've never heard Sylph brag lol. The people who brag are the ones who THINK they're good. Then they will release they aren't good when they can't get their names on the leaderboard. For real though, there is no down side. It encourages veterans to do something other than AFK in lobbies. They get more rare items doing these time attacks, that goes into the economy and everyone wins. Additionally it will bring the community TOGETHER to do runs together to try to get better times. More people running will mean more people will be optimizing runs, and since runs are more optimized and more people are playing, more event drops happen which is better for the economy etc etc etc.

We already pay :D

Well if you take bragging about a game as seriously then that's a personal problem it seems. Me in the other hand I enjoy it, challenging. Pushing to see if you can cut down any extra minutes in a quest. I sometimes solo quest. It just gives something to people to look forward to than to lobby whore or be bored out of your mind. All people do is either spam cca, or just gear hoard.. It gets extremely boring. People in here rarely cmode.. I say it's a idea to consider

No, I agree with you and I do not have any issues with people bragging (should have seen me when I found all of those PoSTs during Easter). Let me put it this way: it's the Internet and people take offense to the stupidest things. Keeping this server at a more casual level is probably more beneficial than not.

Don't worry about that now, if that happens it happens, we can worry about that when it actually happens

The way I see it is, Event,hunt, level ,prepare for event and repeat, this mode gives everyone the opportunity to try a new mode they may not be used to

Ultimately it really depends on the playerbase. Back on the other server which only recently reopened, there were tons of mud-flinging contests going on between all the time attackers, it was really nasty and the way they looked down at any player who didn't constantly want to play TA style, labelling them as "casuals" with a negative connotation got quite annoying.

Personally I like trying to finish quests quickly but it in the end it will always be down to gear - the players with the most ridiculously sphered and hit-added gear will always win (given equal player skill) so it's never on equal grounds. For that you'd need something like Ep2 cmode but with fixed drops too so you couldn't get a better time because weapon X with stats Y dropped early ...

That's not entirely true, its not about having the best gear, knowing spawns and how to kill enemies with good teamwork is how people should be going about this. Saying that another server had "mud-flinging" contests doesn't mean it would happen here. I don't like how people are looking at the negatives

• Like 1